Northside College Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+235 Students
- A+195 Students
- A+168 Students
- A-134 Students
- A-128 Students
- A+126 Students
- A125 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+75 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
Northside College Preparatory High School Reviews
Review Northside College Preparatory High School
Northside is an interesting school. It is one of Top Schools in the US, which makes it infamous for it being academically challenging and difficult. Tales of despair and struggling make every 8th grader scared to join this small school. However when I entered it I was smacked with the truth, it is a visually intriguing school. The shape is very strange and the inside is even stranger, with art hanging everywhere and colors splashed on every wall. But the best part is the people; the students, teachers, and staff are amazing people! They are open with whatever you believe in and everyone shares their interests and make stereotypical high schools (High School Musical, Mean Girls, the whole gag) look like lies. It is an awesome school, and I'm glad that I am academically challenged for I get to meet people who changed my life.
I am entering my junior year of high school at NCP, and there is only one thing I dislike: the workload. While it is something I dislike, I still would not change it. I have become a more disciplined, confident, and organized person because of my school's culture. While the workload is multitudinous, it is certainly manageable. I love being able to arrive to school at 6:30 a.m. each day to peacefully work on projects. I love witnessing the passions and self-development goals that my teachers have outside of school. I love the friendships that I've developed with the most loyal, kind people I've met. I love running across our school's beautiful back yard during my lunch time. And above all, I love the respite from classes that our colloquium day provides every Wednesday!
Northside is nationally recognized for its rigorous and challenging academics, but it's so much more than that. Despite the competitive atmosphere, the students are supportive and encouraging. The teachers are willing to help outside of the classroom, and the faculty cares about the students' well-being. There are tons of clubs, extracurricular activities, and sports to get involved in. The school strives to help their community. Even the school is physically unique from other high schools; the hallways are decorated with student-made creations and art pieces, and there's a whole wing dedicated to their work. Overall, my experience at Northside has been great.