Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Northshore High School is a highly rated, public school located in Slidell, LA. It has 1,554 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Northshore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-314 Students
- B+200 Students
- B-194 Students
- B133 Students
- B+120 Students
- A+105 Students
- B+93 Students
- A-74 Students
- A-67 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Northshore High School
Northshore High School Reviews
I have enjoyed attending Northshore High School. There are many extracurriculars to participate in, and there is something for everyone. I wish there was more AP and dual enrollment classes, so students can have the opportunity to earn more college credit. I also wish there was more support from the counseling department in planning for students’ futures, whether it’s college, trade school, the workforce, the military, etc.
This school prepares most students academically. A handful of teachers actually care about about the students actually comprehending work given. Other teachers give opinions on matters as if they are facts almost trying to brainwash students. In addition, administration and teachers could care less about understanding students of color. Prejudice actions are swept under the rug alot at this school. But one thing cared about at this school is the safety.
Northshore High School is a well rounded place to make friends, memories, and gain a great deal of knowledge. Northshore High is not only a school, but a place you feel welcomed to. It is a place where you look forward to each and everyday for fun, opportunities, and friends. This school is a place where many great memories come from. The only thing i would like to see change at Northshore, is more hands on activities.