Northshore High School is a highly rated, public school located in Slidell, LA. It has 1,597 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Northshore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-273 Students
- B+182 Students
- B170 Students
- B121 Students
- B+111 Students
- A+96 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-61 Students
- B+59 Students
- B48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Northshore High School
Northshore High School Reviews
I came into Northshore my junior year of high school. I was the new kid at school but I received an incredibly warming welcome from the school and the community overall. The amount of staff and students that are involved astonished me. Every football game was packed. There always seems to be something going on each week. I was impressed also of how open-minded and friendly the students are in terms of who they hang out with. Since the city is small, the school is small, so students have a better connection with their teachers and classmates. Northshore is a very nice surprise.
Not enough electives to choose from for students. Too much emphasis on sports by the administration and little support by the administration for arts/music programs. Not enough language courses to select from. Latin and engineering classes were removed. No classes on American sign language which can be used for foreign language requirements. Currently, only 2 counselors in the entire school who have to meet the needs of 1600+students.
I have enjoyed attending Northshore HS. It is a safe and highly rated school. It offers many extracurricular activities. There is something for everyone!