Northport Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Northport, NY. It has 1,975 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Northport Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-165 Students
- A-135 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+98 Students
- A89 Students
- A+81 Students
- A75 Students
- B74 Students
- A+69 Students
- B69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 78 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Northport Senior High School
- AEarl L. Vandermeulen High School
- Port Jefferson Union Free School District, NY
- 94 reviews
- A+Darien High School
- Darien School District, CT
- 171 reviews
- AWantagh Senior High School
- Wantagh Union Free School District, NY
- 100 reviews
- ASmithtown High School East
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 200 reviews
Northport Senior High School Reviews
Being at Northport High School for almost 4 years now, I can see a bright future in front of me. Everyone in this school are freindly, kind, and supportive- including teachers, councilors and other pears. There's not one day where I didn't want to be here. NHS has SO many electives, clubs and sports teams(Robotics Club, Fashion Club, Art Club, Spanish Club, Jazz Club, Tour Choir & every sport you can think of- Badminton, Cross Country, Swimming, Football, Basketball and more)- you will never get bored! Also, it's so easy to make friends here, there is always somebody just like you! The only complaint I have is that the school lunch isn't the greatest. Overall, I love this school and will miss it next year but I hope future students will have a great time!
I believe one of Northport's strongest qualities is how encouraging and helpful everyone is. There are so many opportunities to get involved. Students should learn to take advantage of what Northport has to offer because we are very fortunate to have these programs.The faculty does a great job in getting to know the students in order to make them feel they are in a safe environment. In addition to this, Northport doe a great jon ensuring they want the best for their students by looking out for them and providing with many assemblies to increase awareness on social issues. They take drug and alcohol abuse very seriously along with other things and it is very visible. Although, a change I would like to see is possibly expanding the coordination of big events for all students to participate in that are enjoyable. This is important because high school should be filled with fun and positive memories that the school itself could provide.
Northport is a great high school! I feel very prepared for college and I LOVED almost every single one of my teachers throughout the four years. The time spent here will fly by and the school itself is beautiful. Northport has one of the only common areas left on Long Island, and has many performances and activities that display school spirit and makes you feel a sense of Tiger Pride!