Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Northmont High School is a highly rated, public school located in Clayton, OH. It has 1,476 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Northmont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-289 Students
- A+280 Students
- A-213 Students
- A198 Students
- A-187 Students
- A-171 Students
- B148 Students
- B-143 Students
- B79 Students
- B+72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Northmont High School
- B+Butler High School
- Vandalia-Butler City School District, OH
- 163 reviews
- A-Troy High School
- Troy City School District, OH
- 158 reviews
- A-Kettering Fairmont High School
- Kettering City School District, OH
- 438 reviews
- B+Brookville High School
- Brookville Local School District, OH
- 75 reviews
Northmont High School Reviews
I just finished junior year. There are many things I like about NHS. Number one is the myriad of classes that are available to take. There’s a lot of fine arts classes and electives, like photography, drawing, ceramics, band, choir, orchestra, engineering, culinary, and more. There’s many sports & clubs as well, varying from volunteer work to social groups to a capella and jazz band. There are many honors classes that have very competent teachers that want to see you succeed. However, there are also many honors and average academic teachers that do not put forth much effort in their jobs and do not care about their students. There is a lot of homework if you take honors and/or AP classes. In my opinion, homework is not needed daily unless it is a math course, but I would get homework that took more than four hours to do everyday. Also, if you are vegetarian, there are not many lunch options to buy. It’s easier to pack a lunch. Microwaves/fridge are unavailable to common students.
I’ve been attending Northmont City Schools since first grade. I’m a junior in High School and I’m proud to say that I will be graduating from Northmont in 2021. Northmont has opened up many opportunities for colleges, military, career tech, specialized classes, and clubs for me to join. Northmont has helped me prepare for my future and find my roll in life. I’ve made friends with a very diverse group, ranging all the way from kids in Europe who have come here for the exchange program. Every year I’ve bonded with fellow teachers and students.The memories I’ve made here have been unforgettable and the experience that I’ve gained will serve me well for a lifetime.
Northmont High School is a amazing school. The school offers many opportunities for many students. They offer different types of classes you can take specifically for your interest, along with many extra-curriculars for the students to join. They have a very friendly staff who is determined to help their students and other staff members.