Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Northland Secondary School is a public school located in Remer, MN. It has 136 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Northland Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-11 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+6 Students
- A6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B4 Students
- B-4 Students
- B3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Northland Secondary School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Northland Secondary School Reviews
Overall very good school. Everyone is very friendly and your teachers will help you and make time for you.
I like the small school setting where you know most of the students and all of the teachers. Getting help on work is very easy considering some classes I have only have five kids in it. The teachers here also know what works best for the kids to learn and they are willing to try different things if what they are doing doesn't seem to work for the kids. One thing that I would like to see change is that they give the privilege to having phones back to the students because we now live in the twenty first century and they are a part of our everyday life and we should need to learn to use them responsibly.
Some of the teachers do a poor job of teaching, others do a good job. There are some teachers that can't control there students and it makes hard for the other students to learn. Most teachers do really good about putting grades in at least twice a week, other teachers have a hard time putting grades in once every two weeks. Most teachers are really good about not losing assignments and being organized other teachers have a really hard time with being organized and not losing things. Once the teacher loses the assignment they tell the student(s) that they didn't lose it that the student(s) just didn't do their work.