- Private, Boarding
- Mount Hermon, MA
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Northfield Mount Hermon (NMH) is a coed, independent boarding school of 655 students in grades 9–12 plus a postgraduate year, located in the heart of New England, on the banks of the Connecticut River in western Massachusetts.
Supported and guided by expert faculty and staff, students are encouraged to pursue their passions, discover new ones, and make their own unique contributions to the NMH community. Our “Partnership of 12” initiative is a network of adults who support each student every day: we focus on the whole student.
Our faculty devote an extraordinary amount of time and energy to fostering students’ accomplishment and success, both in and out of the classroom. The result is students who think critically, act with humanity, and discover within themselves a sense of purpose.
Classes are 80-minute class periods, allowing students to explore each subject in greater depth and spend more time with their teachers.
Northfield Mount Hermon School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+104 Students
- grade A+90 Students
- grade A+87 Students
- grade A+77 Students
- grade A+65 Students
- grade A+64 Students
- grade A+59 Students
- grade A+59 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade A+57 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
- Mountain Day25%
- Christmas Vespers (really good food)10%
- Dance concerts, music concerts, theater production8%
- Pie Race8%
- Spirit Week8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Northfield Mount Hermon School Reviews
The NMH experience is academically interesting, at the very least, and life-changing at best. There's a couple mediocre teachers here and there, but for the most part, these teachers are passionate, well-educated and knowledgeable, and very friendly.
NMH is generous with financial aid. I am from a very low-income household, and my parents pay practically nothing to send me here. Blessed to be at a school that is so generous with aid.
Dining experience and food is the best of any college or prep school I've experienced. Cannot emphasize how humble and hard-working the people in the dining hall are. Food is unbelievably good.