Northfield Mount Hermon School is an elite, private, boarding school located in Mount Hermon, MA. It has 650 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. Tuition is $59,500 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 99% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Northfield Mount Hermon School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Northfield Mount Hermon School Reviews
I loved NMH! Best four years of my life. The academics, faculty support, college counseling program, and overall experience prepared me very well for a liberal arts college environment.
Incredible experience, definitely set me very well for college. Competitive sports programs with varying levels of importance placed on them. Great school spirit in regard to basketball. Incredible food, much better than my college. Facilities aren't great, but there is a big capital campaign to build a new science center, boathouse, etc. Administration can be out of touch with the student body, as is the case in many boarding schools. The faculty will be your biggest supporter. Very accepting and open community. Not sure why other reviews cite conservatives being excluded/not accepted. In my experience, if you were respectful and thoughtful, you would be accepted and heard. Teachers will push back on all views or play devil's advocate, so if you are unable to defend your views, you could find that frustrating.
At Northfield Mount Hermon, I have been exposed to students from different countries and cultures. My contact with people from across the globe gives me a more positive perspective on their culture than what is advertised in the news. For example, in the news, the middle east is portrayed as a dangerous place with many terrorists. However, meeting people who live in the middle east allows me to filter the news I watch. It reminds me to be a more cautious news viewer and I now understand that when I watch the news I should not only accept the negative aspects of the middle east that US reporters focus on.