Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Northfield Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Wabash, IN. It has 433 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Northfield Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B34 Students
- A33 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+24 Students
- B22 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-16 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Football homecoming43%
- Homecoming, prom, volleyball & softball season43%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Northfield Junior/Senior High School
- B-Southwood Junior/Senior High School
- Metropolitan School District of Wabash County, IN
- 85 reviews
- BManchester Junior/Senior High School
- Manchester Community Schools, IN
- 53 reviews
- BWabash High School
- Wabash City Schools, IN
- 51 reviews
- B-North Miami Middle/High School
- North Miami Community Schools, IN
- 33 reviews
Northfield Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My school experience at Northfield Jr./Sr. High School was great with the amount of support I received not only from my parents but as well as the school’s faculty and my peers. The classrooms were small with about twenty students in each class. Students were able to get more attention from teachers if they had questions or problems with their homework assignments. There are plenty of teachers that will help the transition easier into a collage by their coursework and what they expect from you as their student. Although, some teachers aren't really great at teaching and when you do have a question regarding something, they tend to say; "figure it out yourself" or will not acknowledge you which can be disappointing. I believe the school could offer more opportunities for students by adding a variety of different courses and extracurricular activities.
I loved the small class sizes and that we are a rural community. Everybody knows everybody and the school is safe. Coming from a small school system the fear of being exposed to drug/alcohol and/or violence in school is minimal. Bullying was not an issue. One of the changes I would like to see implemented is class choices. Northfield being a small school limited the classes they were able to offer however, my high school experience has been amazing.
My experience at Northfield has been wonderful! I’m graduating this year and will be ready for college and years to come. Not only will I be ready for schooling after high school but ready for life with the skills and knowledge I have gained.