Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest is a top rated, public school located in Demarest, NJ. It has 998 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A135 Students
- A+118 Students
- A-95 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+79 Students
- A79 Students
- A+72 Students
- A60 Students
- A50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 215 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- AClarkstown South Senior High School
- Clarkstown Central School District, NY
- 246 reviews
- A+Eastchester Senior High School
- Eastchester Union Free School District, NY
- 85 reviews
Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest Reviews
Well, let me start off by saying how complicated my school was. For one, there was no typically bullying. There were rarely any fights (that I know of) and even more rarely were there just people critically insulting others. What my school instead prided upon was the effect of showing off. Social media plays a massive role in our society today but it is especially present in schools. In my school, there are endless pictures and stories of people showing off what they have and what they are doing. Oh, you're going to a party and have to make sure the school knows you are cool and drink? Post some pictures of you drinking! Oh, you're working out and getting those "gains" as they say? Post some pictures and don't forget to flex it off! Oh, you got into a good college by having your family donate massive amounts to the undergrad program? Post some pictures and make everyone feel bad about their colleges! It has come to a point where once you achieve something, the whole school must know.
Great high school - so many opportunities to make yourself better. Teaches really care and administration and faculty is very understanding. The parents are pretty involved usually and the sports programs are great at NVD. Furthermore, their arts program is amazing and their musicals have never failed to wow. Definitely recommend.
I loved the staff and my friends at school. I really felt welcomed in my school and my community. Everyone was helpful, and I did not view high school as a cut-throat competition as some make it out to be. We have a lot of school spirit. School sports, plays, and other activities and events are very fun. Football games are my favorite!