Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan is a highly rated, public school located in Old Tappan, NJ. It has 1,257 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A126 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+89 Students
- A87 Students
- A77 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+65 Students
- B63 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 166 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 86 reviews
- A-Westlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 111 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan Reviews
NVOT has great resources and teachers that opens up their students to diverse opportunities. They have many experts that would help students go through complicated college application process, not only by conducting numerous seminars, but also having many one-on-one meeting with the students. Academically as well, NVOT provides students with the best possible environment through various AP courses, tutoring, workshops and more!
I feel that any school is highly dependent on the environment. The overall environment of NVOT is positive; like any school, there are diamonds in the rough-- teachers who are truly life-changing. On the flip side, there are teachers that couldn't care less about their students; however, this is apparent in any school. The diversity is severely lacking in this school; however, it isn't really the school's problem, as it is the location. It is overwhelmingly Caucasians, with a small population of Asians, an even smaller population of Latin Americans, and very few African Americans. Again, this isn't an issue that's entirety is to be blamed on the school. I would definitely like to see the food changed in the future. It's strange that french fries cost $1.50 while a salad cost $4. Honestly, it's the select few teachers here that truly made this school worth going to: it's the support they gave and the willingness they had to help their students.
Northern Valley Old Tappan is one of the most prestigious high school that definitely prepares its students for college. Not only is is challenging academically, but athletically as well. It is rare to come across a local public high school that so vigorously challenges and praises its students to do their best and successfully achieve the best outcomes. They work as hard as possible to provide the best resources for us to obtain the best education we can achieve. Teachers work tirelessly to help and drive their students in the best way possible. The school is overwhelmed with school spirit, showing that students have nothing but pride for the high school they go to.