Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A113 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+78 Students
- A72 Students
- A71 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+51 Students
- B50 Students
- A+48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan
- A+Northern Valley Regional High School Demarest
- Northern Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 161 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 83 reviews
- A-Westlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 106 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 152 reviews
Northern Valley Regional High School - Old Tappan Reviews
NVOT has great resources and teachers that opens up their students to diverse opportunities. They have many experts that would help students go through complicated college application process, not only by conducting numerous seminars, but also having many one-on-one meeting with the students. Academically as well, NVOT provides students with the best possible environment through various AP courses, tutoring, workshops and more!
Towards the latter half of my high school career the school put forth a very large amount of resources towards improving and expanding the engineering classes in terms of scope and number. In addition, the school spent a very large sum of money to build a new engineering space that contains several 3D printers, a laser cutter, a CNC machine, and electrical work stations. This new emphasis on STEM- related education has greatly improved the academic experience at my high school. The school's culture, once dominated by athletics and the sports program, now reflects higher intellectual standards.
Northern Valley Old Tappan is a exceptional high school. The Teachers are awesome. There are 4 towns that come here, most of which are from my town of Old Tappan. There is a lot of school spirit . We have many different clubs and are even able to start our own. A few of our clubs focus on charity work and no one is turned away. There is a tremendous amount of schoolwork that has most definitely prepared me for college. Everyone says college will be easy compared to what our school. There are cliques but every student can find a place for themselves. The students are very open to different types of people and does not ostracize or make fun of anyone "different"