Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Northern Lehigh Senior High School is a public school located in Slatington, PA. It has 484 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Northern Lehigh Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+42 Students
- A-32 Students
- B-31 Students
- C30 Students
- B27 Students
- B21 Students
- A19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- B-Palmerton Area High School
- Palmerton Area School District, PA
- 90 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- BLehighton Area High School
- Lehighton Area School District, PA
- 114 reviews
- BNorthampton Area High School
- Northampton Area School District, PA
- 214 reviews
Northern Lehigh Senior High School Reviews
A mostly humble, small school which has a great balance of 1-on-1 interaction and group interaction in its learning environments. The facility is typical of a lower-budget school but has its strong points. Many students are taught to welcome diversity and not to discriminate. Overall a surprisingly good experience!
It's not the best school, but it was alright. Many graduates have said that the school did nothing to prepare them for college. Their disciplinary actions are based solely on opinion and once expelled a girl for the sole reason of "making an example of her", but don't expel other kids who do worse. Their education is mediocre, and sometimes it feels as though you're leaving dummer than you came in. I would like to see them work on how they discipline kids, as well as taking more action to prepare their students for college. While I disliked a lot about it they do have great music and theatre programs, though the school barely funds them.
Northern Lehigh Senior High School is a decent school in an unfortunate area. Hidden in former slate country, it provides a surprising amount of opportunities to otherwise disadvantaged students. The courses are challenging, and there are also chances to take college and/or tech classes while still in high school.