Northern Lehigh Senior High School is a public school located in Slatington, PA. It has 515 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Northern Lehigh Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+37 Students
- B28 Students
- A28 Students
- C+26 Students
- B25 Students
- B19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A17 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- C+Palmerton Area High School
- Palmerton Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- BLehighton Area High School
- Lehighton Area School District, PA
- 110 reviews
- BNorthampton Area High School
- Northampton Area School District, PA
- 194 reviews
Northern Lehigh Senior High School Reviews
Northern Lehigh Senior High School is a decent school in an unfortunate area. Hidden in former slate country, it provides a surprising amount of opportunities to otherwise disadvantaged students. The courses are challenging, and there are also chances to take college and/or tech classes while still in high school.
I love that there are so many activities related to the arts, such as choir, band, and theater. The instructors in these departments are very passionate about their students. Everyone is welcome into these departments, and I wish that more people would accept the welcoming. Something that I would like to see different is more of the faculty getting involved to exploit the talents of the students in such programs.
During my sophomore year, I got a severe concussion during gym class. Instead of the school helping me out, they tried covering up that the concussion was their fault and forced me to continue school with a brain injury. Teachers did not accommodate me nor did they support me. Once I recovered things got better. Class options are good but some of the teachers lack the ability to properly teach students.