Northern Highlands Regional High School is a top rated, public school located in Allendale, NJ. It has 1,334 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
298 Hillside Ave
Allendale, NJ 07401
Northern Highlands Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+99 Students
- A84 Students
- A78 Students
- A72 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Northern Highlands Regional High School
- A+Pascack Hills High School
- Pascack Valley Regional High School District, NJ
- 116 reviews
- A+Ardsley High School
- Ardsley Union Free School District, NY
- 121 reviews
- A+Ramapo High School
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, NJ
- 174 reviews
- A+Suffern Senior High School
- Suffern Central School District, NY
- 232 reviews
Northern Highlands Regional High School Reviews
My experience at northern highlands regional high school was wonderful! The teachers are so understanding and truly want their students to succeed. The school had a decent amount of clubs and activities to join. It was easy to make friends because everyone is so welcoming and down to earth. The school sprit was one of my favorite parts. Students would come together to cheer for the sporting events and school plays.
My experience at Northern Highlands Regional High School was mostly a positive one. The school had plenty of clubs, activities, and resources that I was able to take advantage of. In addition, the wide range of AP's offered is unlike any other school in the area. At Northern Highlands, I was able to expand my education and thoroughly prepare myself for college. However, I would like to see the school have more diversity since the school is predominantly white. Overall, however, the supportive teachers and resources allowed me to have a nurturing high school experience.
I have had a pretty great experience at Highlands! All I wish is that the environment at the school wasn't so competitive, both academically and in extracurriculars.