Northern High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+57 Students
- A+54 Students
- B33 Students
- B23 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+17 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- A12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Northern High School Reviews
Review Northern High School
I loved FHN! Great students and staff when I was there from 1993-1997. I live in Florida now and I have 3 kids. One in elementary, one in middle and one in high school. They have attended both Ft Myers schools and Naples schools. Naples definitely better but what I don't like is when they move to middle or high school not all of the kids will move together. So a lot of their friends move to a different school. Where Forest Hills Northern middle students all move to Forest hills northern high school. Which makes for an easy adjustment.
Northern High School is an okay school given that it is a public school. It has a student population of around 1300 which allows enough socializing to create a 'tiered' social structure within each grade level. The teachers are either good or bad, there's not really an in-between. They are generally inconsistent with communication skills, but their grading is consistent.
All teachers are different. Most teachers at Northern do genuinely care about their students education. However, there are the exceptions. My American Sign Language teacher, although she cared deeply for our success, could never control her class and could not keep students aligned. My Health teacher only teaches to keep his job as the basketball coach. Because of that, I wouldn't say he is highly qualified for his teaching role.