Northern High School is an above average, public school located in Dillsburg, PA. It has 969 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Northern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+68 Students
- B+62 Students
- A46 Students
- B34 Students
- C+32 Students
- A-32 Students
- B31 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Northern High School
- B-Red Land Senior High School
- West Shore School District, PA
- 168 reviews
- B+Boiling Springs High School
- South Middleton School District, PA
- 138 reviews
- B-Bermudian Springs High School
- Bermudian Springs School District, PA
- 89 reviews
- B-New Oxford Senior High School
- Conewago Valley School District, PA
- 262 reviews
Northern High School Reviews
I moved here my Sophomore year from a small rural town in Missouri. I was scared to enter a new school and start my life over again. But I was pleasantly surprised! This school has an amazing community both in and outside the school. The teachers are outstanding in both teaching and connecting with their students. The councilors are kind a willing to help you at any time. The principals are concerned and connected and keep the school as a safe and open environment. The student are mostly good, but there are some that are outstanding. The best thing I could say is to get involved in some sort of organization or team here, I never got connected so quickly at a school!!!
There are some teachers in this school that are great- they connect with students and understand the majority of students have responsibilities in their life outside of academics. However, there are also teachers in this school who seem to not care at all about the students, and the workload and deadlines they assign prove this.
Great school, my college friends wish they went here. The class rooms were very engaging and helpful in college. I still utilize the lessons I learned in high school at my current job. I hope to move back one day so that my kids can go here.