Northern Garrett High School is an above average, public school located in Accident, MD. It has 433 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Northern Garrett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-59 Students
- C+43 Students
- A28 Students
- A-28 Students
- C+18 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+9 Students
- NG9 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Northern Garrett High School
Northern Garrett High School Reviews
The atmosphere is good. Teacher and student relationships are easily made. Some administrative decisions are not always in the best interest of the school however. Money is spent in departments that don't need it. Classes suddenly change in GPA weight YEARS after the class has already been taken and offered, causing students GPA's to rise unexpectedly and unfairly to those who did not take that particular class. Students who take more classes suffer their GPA dropping as opposed to someone who takes less classes.
Small School, hard to succeed with few connections and teachers with average intelligence. The academics are difficult because the some teachers have difficulty teaching them. Little to no diversity, this makes the people very exclusive towards others. Parent involvement is great because they take matters into their own hands to prepare their kids since school officials do not really do so. Not many clubs and activities because teachers are lazy and there are not enough of them to supervise.
Severe under funding of the arts is incredibly detrimental to the school body. Also, the reluctance to advance in technology is laughable--while it is understandable that (again) lack of funding prevents the acquisition of new technological advances, the intense push-back from administration concerning the use of cell phones despite the constant and incredibly well-thought-out proposals given by students and faculty alike detailing the numerous benefits based in experience and survey is very telling of the stone age that both the school system and the surrounding community continue to reside in.