Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Northeast Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Goose Lake, IA. It has 477 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Northeast Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A37 Students
- A34 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B11 Students
- B11 Students
- C+10 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Senior skits for Homecoming week67%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Northeast Middle/High School
- B+Central Dewitt High School
- Central Dewitt School District, IA
- 84 reviews
- B-Camanche High School
- Camanche Community School District, IA
- 25 reviews
- C+Clinton High School
- Clinton Community School District, IA
- 75 reviews
- BMaquoketa Community High School
- Maquoketa Community School District, IA
- 66 reviews
Northeast Middle/High School Reviews
Here at Northeast Middle/High School everyone knows everyone. With a graduating class of only about 70-75, it's easy to run into people from all grades and make quick connections. However, if you're looking for much diversity, this is not the place to be. Many of us come from small rural farming communities -- much with the same background. We do, however, have a lot of clubs to join here offering that sense of diversity in opportunities. Knowing teachers on a personal level is also something I love about this school. Being able to carry a conversation about life, ask for advice, and overall just have a friend in a teacher is something that makes this school feel safe and feel like a second home. We have great janitors and administration at this school who work very hard to make this a safe place for all. All in all, I love this place. It truly is a place to feel welcomed and meet new people who may end up leaving a strong impact on you.
My experience at Northeast was pretty good and memorable. I learned lots of different subjects and information during my four years of high school at Northeast. The teachers and counselors were very helpful and always open for questions and advice. One thing that I would change about Northeast is to add more college classes available to juniors and seniors. Northeast does not offer many college classes which is not benefiting students for their future. If additional college classes were added to the district I think Northeast would be a better school and prepare the students for a brighter future.
I loved my time at Northeast Community Schools. I've attended school here since elementary, and each year has gotten better than the last. Very kind and caring staff that make sure we are being educated and enjoying it at the same time.