Northeast High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-328 Students
- A-242 Students
- A+206 Students
- A+202 Students
- B-138 Students
- C127 Students
- B109 Students
- B-88 Students
- B+66 Students
- B-56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 169 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.75 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
Northeast High School Reviews
Review Northeast High School
My senior year was also my first and last year at Northeast. Overall, I had a beyond decent year. Friends were easily made and classes were bearable and honestly fun. Some teachers do enjoy their jobs and seeing their students considerably brightens their day. The diverse aura of Northeast actually creates a sense of unity and it is an absolutely enlightening experience to see so many cultures so intricately connecting. Though the freshmen floor and cafeteria are rife with rampant immature kids and savage animals, the magnet section of the school is truly the beacon of light at Northeast. It's a good place to be.
When I was a student at Northeast High School, I was part of their Magnet program and I honestly liked it a lot! All of the teachers worked really hard to teach us and I have made so many friends that still stuck with me through my first year of college. If you are considering going to Northeast, I recommend joining the Magnet Program!
At Northeast High School, there was a lot of diversity. Students came from all over the world. We're the largest and most diverse high school in Philadelphia. Many of the students join clubs and/or they play sports. As far as academics go, we have magnet and IB programs. Northeast prepared me for the future because I have 2 industry certifications in Adobe softwares. As part of the program we have called AVID, we're required to take classes based on technology. At the end of each year we take an exam to get certified. I'm taking 3 more certification exams later this year, which the teachers have prepared me for. As far as students and safety go, everyone is friends. Nobody really has problems with anybody and everyone helps each other out.