Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepD+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Northeast High School is a public school located in Macon, GA. It has 729 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Northeast High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- B+125 Students
- C+122 Students
- C122 Students
- A+117 Students
- C+104 Students
- C+90 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-81 Students
- C+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Northeast High School Reviews
Northeast High School is one of the most underrated schools in Bibb County. We sort of have a bad reputation, but we have good students; despite all the tension going on. Our teachers are very good at what they do and try their best to help all students become college graduates. Most of our previous graduates have been accepted into colleges due to their academic skills being acknowledged by top tier colleges. I plan on attending college and would hope to get accepted with a scholarship with the help of this survey.
I attended Northeast all four years of high school. While there, I took multiple AP/Honor courses which helped to prepare me for college. Majority of the teachers actually care about their students educations. Most of the students actually enjoy participating in activities (pep rallies, games, prom, etc.). The principal there is amazing. I got the pleasure of having him in middle school and high school. He makes sure all the students are educated well and are seen about. If you attend Northeast, you'll be well educated.
I actually had a great experience. I had graduated from Northeast on May 23,2019. I was at the school since my freshman year and I’ve been excelling in all academics, the teachers and the students was very welcome. Since it was a new environment there was some teachers in the halls to instruct where my different classes were.