Northeast Dubois High School is a public school located in Dubois, IN. It has 268 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Northeast Dubois High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B56 Students
- B-35 Students
- A35 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- C-19 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Northeast Dubois High School
- B+Forest Park Junior/Senior High School
- Southeast Dubois County School Corporation, IN
- 58 reviews
- A-Jasper High School
- Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, IN
- 92 reviews
- BSouthridge High School
- Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, IN
- 27 reviews
- C+Loogootee Junior/Senior High School
- Loogootee Community School Corporation, IN
- 22 reviews
Northeast Dubois High School Reviews
Overall, the school was alright they changed a lot of things over the years. Once we became seniors everything was changed. We do not even get our class play to bond with our classmates. The staff are fine not very helpful to a certain extent. I would not go to any one for help in school besides my friends mom. However, the school food is horrible and expensive. I started bringing my lunch my sophomore year because we paid over twenty dollars a week in lunch. Although, we do have a great club and activities. My class takes charge and is making this year fun and enjoyable. Therefore, I'm ready for a great year with my class, and graduate with my diploma at the end of the year.
I loved how there are many opportunities to meet a Lot of new people and try a lot of sports. Normally at bigger schools, it is not easy to do multiple sports, but at a smaller school like Northeast Dubois, a person can do whatever sport they wish to do.
My high school experience at Northeast Dubois will be unforgettable. Northeast Dubois is a small high school in a little rural town with about five hundred or less students. I loved the small school feel and how much the community supported the school. I participated in two sports throughout high school. The coaches were great, not only coaching me but also teaching me life lessons. The teachers at school were very supportive and motivating. In my junior and senior year I took a lot of college credit courses and I felt challenged with the difficult courses. The overall experience was great, and If I had to do it all over again I would go to Northeast Dubois High School again.