Northampton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Northampton, MA. It has 872 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Northampton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A151 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+88 Students
- A-69 Students
- A+56 Students
- A47 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+39 Students
- A38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Northampton High School
- A+Amherst Regional High School
- Amherst-Pelham Regional School District, MA
- 150 reviews
- A-Belchertown High School
- Belchertown Public Schools, MA
- 177 reviews
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 69 reviews
- BFrontier Regional School
- Public School
- South Deerfield, MA
- 78 reviews
Northampton High School Reviews
Amazing school if you take advantage of the opportunities offered to you! Teachers and administration are responsive to student needs, there are a wide variety of academic, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities.
Northampton High is a great public high school. Teachers are enthusiastic and very knowledgable on their respective subjects. Many students have continued onto top universities in the country after their time at Northampton. The school does, however, have very little diversity and the student body is predominately white and from the upper middle class.
NHS is a good school with a lot of unique opportunities (especially in regards to taking classes at nearby colleges). There is a large selection of classes to choose from, and many different clubs to discover interests. Although there are some things I would change (start time, lunch menu, etc.) the school is overall a pretty good place to spend the high school years.