Northampton County High School is a public school located in Gaston, NC. It has 402 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Northampton County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B34 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-32 Students
- B+30 Students
- A+23 Students
- C-22 Students
- B-22 Students
- C+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Northampton County High School Reviews
I’ve been apart of Northampton County High School since 2O15. I’ve played volleyball for the Jaguars of Northampton County High School since I was Freshman. Northampton County High School there is a safe and productive environment at times. The teachers there aren’t as nice & friendly with with students, you have a few rude teachers & you have a few teachers that can easily bond with students. The staff & administrators at Northampton County High School are okay. I would recommend you coming to the view & check out my school & our sports academics.
I have been attending NCHS since Freshman year, which was about 2014. We have moved schools since , I think we moved from our Conway NC location in about 2016 to early 2017. We moved to Gaston NC which was a better building and didn't have mold. Even though now our building is a lot smaller. I really enjoyed my 4 years of high school. Also my classmates we share a lot of good memories together since middle school. They really prepare you for the real world and work.
Northampton county high school is a decent educational high school in Northampton county NC the school is well organized school the teaching and learning environment is off but for the most part it is a decent school that tries their best to give you a good education so you can go out into the world and make something out yourself. Also the school ROTC program is very good as well because the students that is in it go out into the community and make a change in this world and I proud of them for what they do.