North Wood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nappanee, IN. It has 883 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
North Wood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+72 Students
- A69 Students
- B+61 Students
- C+57 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-39 Students
- B27 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like North Wood High School
- BBremen Senior High School
- Bremen Public Schools, IN
- 80 reviews
- B+Fairfield Junior/Senior High School
- Fairfield Community Schools, IN
- 116 reviews
- B+Triton Junior/Senior High School
- Triton School Corporation, IN
- 47 reviews
- C+Wawasee High School
- Wawasee Community School Corporation, IN
- 138 reviews
North Wood High School Reviews
This school is amazing! The community is incredible, not only at the school, but also in the WaNee township. Everyone is so kind and compassionate! The teachers at this school genuinely care about their students and want to help. The best thing about this school is their mission to for their students to achieve excellence not only in academics, but also outside of the classroom! Another awesome thing about Northwood is the majority of the staff and students are Christians, which makes it easy to live out my faith while attending school. Also the coaches are amazing! They are fully committed to the sport and also are willing to help you with problems you may have either on or off the field.
I absolutely LOVED NorthWood High School! The teachers are incredible and genuinely care about their students, while still taking the time to fully equip and prepare students for college. While the school isn't the most diverse school ever, both in race and religion, our teachers make an effort to inform of us the world around us and don't keep us inside of a bubble. The school also has an incredible reputation in academic teams and sports, with many students taking college classes and playing sports. As a matter of fact, I graduated with 13 valedictorians, and of those 13, all had at least 15 college credits and 8 of them played a sport at some point in high school.
I’ve been a student at NorthWood for three years now and have had a relatively good experience. I am involved in the Academic Teams and the Choir. There is a strong push for academic excellence and great teachers to facilitate the best learning environment possible. The school is greatly improving the facilities by building new science and music wings as well as a new athletic center. However, due to a recent change in the administration, the new superintendent is trying to change the traditions and processes of the school. I don’t like these moves and many of my fellow members of the student body do not appreciate them either. The faculty and student body deserve better than that.