Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
North Wood High School is an above average, public school located in Nappanee, IN. It has 905 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
North Wood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+96 Students
- A94 Students
- B76 Students
- C65 Students
- B+59 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-34 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like North Wood High School
- BBremen Senior High School
- Bremen Public Schools, IN
- 91 reviews
- BFairfield Junior/Senior High School
- Fairfield Community Schools, IN
- 124 reviews
- B+Triton Junior/Senior High School
- Triton School Corporation, IN
- 51 reviews
- C+Wawasee High School
- Wawasee Community School Corporation, IN
- 153 reviews
North Wood High School Reviews
This school is amazing! The community is incredible, not only at the school, but also in the WaNee township. Everyone is so kind and compassionate! The teachers at this school genuinely care about their students and want to help. The best thing about this school is their mission to for their students to achieve excellence not only in academics, but also outside of the classroom! Another awesome thing about Northwood is the majority of the staff and students are Christians, which makes it easy to live out my faith while attending school. Also the coaches are amazing! They are fully committed to the sport and also are willing to help you with problems you may have either on or off the field.
I love North Wood High School is in a conservative community and the teachers their truly care for the students. They go the extra mile to help students succeed. North Wood offers many duel credit courses to help shave time and expense off of college, and even their general education classes challenge and develop students into responsible future citizens. The smaller school size makes it so that learning can be more personalized from class to class and student to student. I feel well prepared to start college and a life in the real world.
I felt as if all the school cared about were the wealthy students and furthermore, the students who were in athletics. Most teachers were invasive and it seemed that they only cared for themselves rather than the students. On the positive side, some teachers (however, very few) I found that I learned much with them. Unfortunately, many teachers see themselves as higher up than the students and due to this, the less wealthy students were unfairly treated.