North Tonawanda High School is an above average, public school located in North Tonawanda, NY. It has 1,135 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
North Tonawanda High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-95 Students
- C+72 Students
- B53 Students
- C+52 Students
- B-26 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- A22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like North Tonawanda High School
- A-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- B+Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
- Niagara-Wheatfield Central School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- BWest Seneca West Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- 146 reviews
- C+Tonawanda Middle/High School
- Tonawanda City School District, NY
- 75 reviews
North Tonawanda High School Reviews
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in North Tonawanda High School, I appreciate all the teachers and their efforts to not only educate, but guide and comfort students in their hardships throughout high school. I would like to see the lunches improve as school food isn't that great but, overall its a great environment for learning and improvement!
I got what I needed and what I wanted out of NTHS. There is a lot offered, you just have to show up and take advantage of it. So many wonderful teachers!
North Tonawanda high school has not been my only high school, I transferred to North Tonawanda a month into my junior year. It’s safe to say it is quite different from my last school. I would give this school a average rating. It has some advantages and some let downs. One advantage is that most of the teachers seem to genuinely care. One let down would be the school itself. A lot of desks are falling apart and general information is not shared with the school as a whole making communication hard.