North Tama High School is a public school located in Traer, IA. It has 223 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A25 Students
- B+20 Students
- A19 Students
- B15 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review North Tama High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like North Tama High School
- BHudson High School
- Hudson Community School District, IA
- 36 reviews
- B-Union High School
- Union Community School District, IA
- 38 reviews
- B-Gladbrook-Reinbeck High School
- Gladbrook-Reinbeck Community School District, IA
- 11 reviews
- B-GMG Secondary School
- Green Mountain-Garwin (GMG) Community School District, IA
- 5 reviews
North Tama High School Reviews
I have had a good experience at North Tama Schools. They supported me though my transition, depression, and other disorders.
Being from a small school helps to get everyone involved and allows for more opportunities for students. Small classes make it so everyone knows everyone and many parents get involved too.
Our activities range from sports to art club, speech, FCCLA, FFA, Spanish club, color guard, winter guard, jazz band, Student Council, and a few others.The after school activities are fun and anyone can participate their only flaws are that if you are like me and in almost everything you do not have time to do everything because they often occur at the same time. Some fun and popular options are Spanish club and many of the sports. We also have art club which is fun but not many people go because we have a new teacher and they don't know her so they don't know what to think about her. The sports require the most commitment the rest are pretty flexible. Our activities range from