grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
North Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,532 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
North Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B620 Students
- grade A+569 Students
- grade B336 Students
- grade B+289 Students
- grade A+242 Students
- grade A+204 Students
- grade B minus175 Students
- grade B minus159 Students
- grade C+145 Students
- grade B minus142 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 63 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 63 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 214 responses
- The pep rallies17%
- Senior week15%
- Basketball/football games13%
- International night11%
- Homecoming Week9%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 68 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 86 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,745 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 95 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 95 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 95 responses
Schools like North Springs High School
- grade BGeorgia Connections Academy
- Online School
- Duluth, GA
- Rating 4.23 out of 5 134 reviews
- grade A+Chamblee Charter High School
- Dekalb County Schools, GA
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 586 reviews
- grade CKIPP Atlanta Collegiate
- Atlanta Public Schools, GA
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 101 reviews
- grade A+Walton High School
- Cobb County Schools, GA
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 530 reviews
North Springs High School Reviews
Rating 3.55 out of 5 531 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My high school experience was pretty positive. When I needed help their was always a teacher or administrator that I felt could help solve my problem. My teachers answered all my questions and took time out of their busy schedules to give me the extra help I needed to grow into a phenomenal student. I never felt rushed or pressured to learn the material at a certain rate or on a timed schedule, it was more about me learning the information. On the social side of things I did not go to the local middle school, so I didn't know anyone when I first arrived my freshman year. I soon found out that this did not matter because I was welcomed with open arms. It turned out to be the beginning of life long friendships and memories that I will forever cherish from going to football games and attending our schools annual end of the year play, I can say I truly enjoyed my time at North Springs!
I'm currently attending North Springs High School as a high school senior, and my experience has been pretty good. I transferred school my junior year from a predominantly non-diverse area and immediately at North Springs, I was welcomed and open to a diverse array of students! The staff is very nice and giving, but some improvements could be all grades could exempt finals if a student has a passing grade! Overall, a great school!
My experience at North Springs Charter High School was overall an great experience and it definitely made my high school experience memorable. My school was a place where they encouraged excellent and the staff wanted to see us succeed. The thing I liked the most about my school is that it was a performing arts school . In which it offered classes in dance , which is my greatest passion. This was an extra plus because not only did I come to school to learn and further my education academically but also at the same time I was furthering my dancing skills . Moreso, my school offered many more activities that I participated in like the dance team, which I danced at football games every Friday . On the other, there were minor things that could have been changed about the school . It could have better cleanliness and smaller class room sizes. With that being said, my experience there was overall great and I wouldn’t change anything!