North Smithfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Smithfield, RI. It has 503 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
North Smithfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B129 Students
- B-62 Students
- A+39 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B24 Students
- A24 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like North Smithfield High School
- B+Hopedale Junior/Senior High School
- Hopedale Public Schools, MA
- 52 reviews
- BSmithfield High School
- Smithfield Public Schools, RI
- 143 reviews
- BDouglas High School
- Douglas Public Schools, MA
- 75 reviews
- BPonaganset High School
- Foster-Glocester Regional School District, RI
- 118 reviews
North Smithfield High School Reviews
North Smithfield High School stands out amongst other schools for its commitment to academics and inclusive environment. It offers AP courses with fully competent and enthusiastic teachers, and an amazing music program. However the school should dedicate more time to helping students prepare for real life situations, as well as offering career based information students know where they want to be. It is dedicated to Unified Sports and has been recognized by the state. It offers a safe environment, this year adding a SRO from the NSPD to be present at all times. The teaching staff enjoys their work and it is clear how well they get along. However, the facilities of the school such as available bathrooms and heating systems are lacking. Overall, it is a great high school that is continuing to advance.
North Smithfield High School is mostly a clean and safe environment to learn in. Overall the teachers are friendly and help every student reach their potential. The teachers are more than willing to provide extra help to a student almost everyday after school, before the first bell, or in advisory. The student body is very small, it consists of almost 500 students. The students are typically very nice and always have smiles on their faces. The sports teams are around average, but the school does provide a lot of materials for the athletes to be successful. After reviewing different aspects of North Smithfield High School, I highly recommend attending this school for a positive learning experience.
My time at North Smithfield High School has been your classic small town high school experience. However, what makes NS stand apart from others is the dedication and excellence of its teachers, who, for the most part, genuinely care about educating and preparing their students for the future. I can confidently say as a Senior in High School that I feel as prepared as I possibly could be for college, and that can only be attributed to the great educators I have had there thus far.