North Shore Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Houston, TX. It has 4,664 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
North Shore Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-638 Students
- A+432 Students
- A+384 Students
- B377 Students
- B372 Students
- B288 Students
- B+273 Students
- A-259 Students
- A+246 Students
- A215 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Schools like North Shore Senior High School
- B-Galena Park High School
- Galena Park Independent School District, TX
- 333 reviews
- BCrosby High School
- Crosby Independent School District, TX
- 134 reviews
- C+C.E. King High School
- Sheldon Independent School District, TX
- 356 reviews
- BLa Porte High School
- La Porte Independent School District, TX
- 211 reviews
North Shore Senior High School Reviews
My experience at North Shore was great! Teachers and staff tried their best to give us the easiest four years of high school. While in the halls, many teachers would guard the halls to make sure students were getting to their next classes. The school was huge so of course, there were many people to take care of. Another thing I liked about this school was that the janitors kept it really clean and nice. This school was very organized and influenced students to keep striving!
My experience at north shore senior high has been different each of the 3 years I have attended. What I like about this school is that teachers are always available. You just let them know in advance when you're coming in. If it's for help on homework, making up tests, or even just to talk! Some things that I would like to see change is the way our education system is set up. When I'm school they make a huge deal on attendance. Now don't take me wrong attendance is super important but so is our learning material that will help us prepare for college. They focus so much on attendance that they tend not to notice the amount of kids that go to college and fail their basics because they weren't well prepared in high school. So instead of focusing on attendance so much we should consider making our students academically wise better to achieve that successful career in college .
I over-all enjoyed my high school experience at this school. Student behavior could have been better, but I suppose that's that the average high school experience is like. My teachers were amazing though!