North Shore Senior High School is a public school located in Houston, TX. It has 4,641 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
North Shore Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-818 Students
- A+561 Students
- A+488 Students
- B455 Students
- B+443 Students
- B-392 Students
- B+372 Students
- A-335 Students
- A+328 Students
- A295 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Schools like North Shore Senior High School
- B-Galena Park High School
- Galena Park Independent School District, TX
- 351 reviews
- BCrosby High School
- Crosby Independent School District, TX
- 142 reviews
- CC.E. King High School
- Sheldon Independent School District, TX
- 370 reviews
- B-La Porte High School
- La Porte Independent School District, TX
- 224 reviews
North Shore Senior High School Reviews
My experience as a mustang is awesome, the activities, the learning experiences , the athletic program. Many reason everyone in the Houston area wants to attend north shore senior high is to high to count! The teachers guide and patients with the students there is amazing. They want you to pass and not fail. Failure is never a option
The school overall is great. Its a nice school inside but the staff are kind of rude. Not all, but enough that the school deserves 3 stars. Some staff members pick favorites above all students and exempt them from rules other students would be prosecuted for. Not only that, but the school would rather spend money on unnecessary things rather than fixing a broken toilet all last year and installing mirrors in the bathroom, working sinks, and just being less uptight on certain things. Other than all that it's bearable with friends, the nice lunch ladies and janitors, and teachers who are actually excited to teach.
Alright school. Have different hands on programs. A lot of certifications available( CPR, first aid, CERT, Medical assisting, Financial literacy, Microsoft, etc.). Teachers are very helpful and friendly. Administrators and teachers are willing to work with you if you put effort from your part. Hallways are overcrowded and still teachers want students to make it back In time and to use restroom in between passing periods. Overall, I had a great time throughout my high school years, did not realize it then, but now that I am currently in college I sometimes wish to go back.