North Shore Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Glen Head, NY. It has 872 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
North Shore Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-93 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-64 Students
- A-61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like North Shore Senior High School
- A+Blind Brook High School
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- 44 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 63 reviews
- A+Garden City High School
- Garden City Union Free School District, NY
- 110 reviews
- A+Cold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
North Shore Senior High School Reviews
I had an excellent high school experience. The teachers and staff at North Shore genuinely care about their students and want to see them succeed. Whenever a student needs help or assistance, it is right there waiting for her. Additionally, there are many clubs, sports, and extracurricular activities that students are not only told about but encouraged to take part in. I felt extremely prepared for college and attribute that readiness to North Shore's resources and curriculum!
I had a wonderful time at North Shore. Overall, I will miss my favorite teachers. My math teacher had taught me that math, even though it is hard, it is great to accomplish something that you struggle with. I have always struggled with math, she picked me back up when I wasn't confident in my skills regarding math. My photography teacher, she had taught me to inspire others and go for what I want in life. I am so happy that they were wonderful influences on me. They both were an inspiration to me. They really helped me grow as a learner. I feel like I am truly ready for college because of their guidance. I am moving forward, I am excited to conquer college. I will remember high schools a great experience, that I will never forget.
North Shore is a lot of things. I can speak to the IB program as I was a candidate my junior and senior year. Many of the teachers are well-trained in IB, but I think the shift from AP to IB is still in process. Generally speaking, all of my teachers are helpful to an extent, some will go out of their way to help you, others will not (really depends on the subject and/or teacher). Other than the IB program, most of my teachers were poor to average. The resources are meh...when applying for college YOU need to reach out, guidance counselors may help a little, but the heavy lifting is on you. Needless to say, North Shore isn't all bad. Although the administration is almost impossible to contact/nothing will come from it, I feel ready for college and the challenges it will bring. I guess I enjoyed North Shore, but it was too difficult/exhausting at times. Again, I took the IB so I am biased!!