North Shore Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Glen Head, NY. It has 911 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
North Shore Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-63 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+41 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like North Shore Senior High School
- A+Blind Brook High School
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- A+Manhasset Secondary School
- Manhasset Union Free School District, NY
- 51 reviews
- A+Garden City High School
- Garden City Union Free School District, NY
- 107 reviews
- ACold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
North Shore Senior High School Reviews
I love the community. We think similarly; we act similarly - maybe even too similarly. One of the major flaws I feel as I look on my time as a high schooler is having nearly non-existent experience with non-white students inside and outside the classroom. Transitioning to the IB program was a good decision - for the workload of IA’s and other essays - I feel - prepared me for the more concenptual and long term work of higher education. But, many courses are inferior to their AP counterparts. For example, in my experience, Biology and notably the humanities are inferior to their corresponding AP program - at least in the first of their two years.
Many people refer to North Shore High School as the "North Shore bubble". While this may seem dramatic, it is understandable considering the little diversity seen throughout the district. In addition, I would love to see the IB program that has recently been implemented to be considered more closely considering the immense amount of stress that many students seem to be under.
North Shore's promotion of all aspects of learning makes it a rich place for education and allows for all interests to grow and thrive. Every student is able to find success given North Shore's strong programs. From robotics to theatre to track and field, there's a niche for every type of learner.