North Senior High School is a public school located in North Saint Paul, MN. It has 1,774 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
North Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- A92 Students
- B88 Students
- C+77 Students
- A+77 Students
- B+72 Students
- B+65 Students
- C+62 Students
- B61 Students
- B60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like North Senior High School
- B+Tartan Senior High School
- North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District, MN
- 318 reviews
- A-Highland Park Senior High School
- St. Paul Public School District, MN
- 184 reviews
- B+South Senior High School
- Minneapolis Public School District, MN
- 312 reviews
- B-Richfield Senior High School
- Richfield Public School District, MN
- 119 reviews
North Senior High School Reviews
I am currently a senior at North High and have been going to this school for all my years of high school. My experience here as been all around positive and I couldn't see myself anywhere else truthfully. I like a lot of the teachers and am comfortable around them. I have never had issues with bullying personally and have felt very welcomed here. I also like how students are given some level of authority through clubs like student council and National honors society. North has a lot of clubs, and is fairly diverse. The only thing I would say that could be improved is a little bit more guidance towards the students. I wish I had more resources available to help prepare me for college and the application process or people I could ask for advice. Ultimately though I was able to find my way and was lucky enough to be a member of the college readiness program AVID that helped give me that guidance. Its not perfect but its the high school for me and i'm glad I go here!
Now let me tell you, I have been to 9 schools within the last 10 years (due to moving a lot and transportation issues) and this school is by far, the best school I have been to. First off, it was my first year there and I already made so many new friends. The people are so outgoing and the atmosphere is just so relaxing. The teachers are engaging and so that definitely helps me learn better. The BEST thing about the school would have to be the lunch. They have the best lunch of any school I have ever been to, hands down! If i were to create a dream school, this would be it. The only flaw is that there are clubs, but the school isn't very clear on the clubs or when they are.
I enjoyed many teachers at North. Many of the staffs are kind, patient, helpful, and humorous! This year has been more strict than ever. There's more strict rules about security, dress code, class attendance, grades, and vise versa. It's understandable, but one of the con is that if you're never late and always on time and you come in late to class, you get a autonomic call/voicemail to your parents saying that you came to class late.