North Scott Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Eldridge, IA. It has 962 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
North Scott Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A107 Students
- B+82 Students
- A72 Students
- B+59 Students
- B-30 Students
- B21 Students
- A-15 Students
- C+14 Students
- B14 Students
- A+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like North Scott Senior High School
- BCentral High School
- Central Clinton Community School District, IA
- 82 reviews
- ABettendorf High School
- Bettendorf Community School District, IA
- 165 reviews
- A+Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley Community School District, IA
- 174 reviews
- B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- 306 reviews
North Scott Senior High School Reviews
North Scott High School has something for all students. Whether it is fine arts or athletics, there is a wide variety of things to be involved in. Along with soaring extra-curricular activities, the teachers and overall academics are at a high level, offering multiple AP classes and honors level classes. If they do not have a class you are interested in taking, they either create the class or let you go to the nearby community college to pursue it! The counselor care about all students and work very hard to make sure each student is in a good place at all times. Very nice facilities for all activities. All the kids who go here are inclusive and care for one another. The only thing that this school lacks is diversity. This is a school made up of many high-class white families. Overall, North Scott is a wonderful place, and the slight issues can always be fixed!
At North Scott Senior High School I really love how close the community is. I can tell that the teachers really care about our education and want us to succeed in our futures outside of high school. I also really love that there are many options to receive college credit. This ensures that we are ready for college, after we graduate. I think that our school could do a better job of finding local scholarships for us to apply for. Since it is a somewhat small community we all know each other pretty well. Some people like that this is the case; however, it is all based on personal preference.
I would choose to go to this school again because in the big scheme of schools, North Scott is a very safe, nice community that offered a high school experience that was enjoyable. It was very easy to make friends in this community and find teachers/school officials that I trust and help provide the best education and life experience that they can. Overall, our character as a community is better than any other school district nearby and we pride ourselves on that fact. The school officials, parents, and students are generally respectful and have good sportsmanship (for all events, sports related or not) for all other competing schools. Although my experience with personal relationships with teachers and friends was great, along with good extracurricular experiences, the schooling was very inconsistent and the only way my education was made worthwhile was through the two-year math and science excel program, which has now been taken away because of standard-based grading.