North Scott Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A88 Students
- B+71 Students
- A57 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-25 Students
- B18 Students
- B13 Students
- A-12 Students
- A+12 Students
- A10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like North Scott Senior High School
- BCentral High School
- Central Clinton Community School District, IA
- 82 reviews
- ABettendorf High School
- Bettendorf Community School District, IA
- 158 reviews
- A+Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley Community School District, IA
- 170 reviews
- B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- 292 reviews
North Scott Senior High School Reviews
Review North Scott Senior High School
I would choose to go to this school again because in the big scheme of schools, North Scott is a very safe, nice community that offered a high school experience that was enjoyable. It was very easy to make friends in this community and find teachers/school officials that I trust and help provide the best education and life experience that they can. Overall, our character as a community is better than any other school district nearby and we pride ourselves on that fact. The school officials, parents, and students are generally respectful and have good sportsmanship (for all events, sports related or not) for all other competing schools. Although my experience with personal relationships with teachers and friends was great, along with good extracurricular experiences, the schooling was very inconsistent and the only way my education was made worthwhile was through the two-year math and science excel program, which has now been taken away because of standard-based grading.
I like going to North Scott High School. The people are nice and easy to get along with. The best relationships that I've ever had are with the teachers at this school. I feel safe at North Scott and I'm getting a good education as well. The administrators are very hard headed and they sometimes don't listen very well. It is very irritating. However, the student body does get some power in the decision making at North Scott, and that's a plus. GO LANCERS!!
Some teachers are very passionate in giving their lessons, giving above and beyond effort into lessons, homework, and helping students, but others show videos of other teachers teaching the subject, aren't clear on assignment details and due dates, and require extremely advanced testing over subjects that are barely mentioned in class. Some teachers require hours of homework, while others require none. There is no consistency throughout the teaching staff, requirements and expectations are different for each subject and each teacher. Some teachers require packets of homework that take five hours to complete and have no benefit to the learning of the subject and are not tested over the materials; it is simply unnecessary busy work that has no benefit on their education. Some teachers are biased in their grading, particularly in English courses and have no rubric for the students to go by. Some teachers do not actually teach the courses, just say what were supposed to be able to do, but not how to accomplish or work on that skill.