North Scott Senior High School
- ELDRIDGE, IA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
North Scott Senior High School is an above average, public school located in ELDRIDGE, IA. It has 971 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
North Scott Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A175 Students
- grade A127 Students
- grade B+104 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade C+44 Students
- grade A29 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
- grade B22 Students
- grade B21 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near North Scott Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
- Spirit Week9%
- Mock Trial5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,265 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 22 responses
Schools like North Scott Senior High School
- grade B+Central Dewitt High School
- Central Dewitt School District, IA
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 85 reviews
- grade ABettendorf High School
- Bettendorf Community School District, IA
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 200 reviews
- grade A+Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley Community School District, IA
- Rating 4 out of 5 212 reviews
- grade B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 350 reviews
North Scott Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 153 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have attended this high school for 4 years and I appreciate all of the teachers who have helped me throughout my years. I often stay after school hours and ask teachers for help and assistance with studying, projects, and writing papers. I have not met a teacher at my school who is not willing to help me to better my education. Although I appreciate teachers and extracurricular programs very much, this school has flaws as well. I believe that the administration in-fact does have favorites, I feel as if select programs at our school are based on popularity and student backgrounds. I feel as if the school could also do a better job of educating on important topics including mental health, volunteering, and studying techniques.
North Scott is a great school! They have wonderful staff and activities and a positive environment! I have noticed that since almost everyone that attends North Scott has gone to school together for years they already have their friend groups and people are not always as inclusive as they could be and I would like to see more improvement in this area.
North Scott High School has something for all students. Whether it is fine arts or athletics, there is a wide variety of things to be involved in. Along with soaring extra-curricular activities, the teachers and overall academics are at a high level, offering multiple AP classes and honors level classes. If they do not have a class you are interested in taking, they either create the class or let you go to the nearby community college to pursue it! The counselor care about all students and work very hard to make sure each student is in a good place at all times. Very nice facilities for all activities. All the kids who go here are inclusive and care for one another. The only thing that this school lacks is diversity. This is a school made up of many high-class white families. Overall, North Scott is a wonderful place, and the slight issues can always be fixed!