North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Ashland, PA. It has 855 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B34 Students
- B34 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-27 Students
- A-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
- A14 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School
- CMinersville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Minersville Area School District, PA
- 44 reviews
- C+Shamokin Area High School
- Shamokin Area School District, PA
- 95 reviews
- C+Mount Carmel Area High School
- Mount Carmel Area School District, PA
- 48 reviews
- C+Pine Grove Area High School
- Pine Grove Area School District, PA
- 87 reviews
North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School Reviews
North Schuylkill isn't exactly the worst or the best, however the teachers are HORRIBLE WITH TEACHERS, there is no room in the hall ways and maintenance is not even commendable, they treat you like garbage, Gorge the janitor is the only true friend you can have in this school. No one has respect for the teachers and interrupt classes to flirt with the girls. Girls are all very "catty" and stupid. I never met a rich stupid person in my life until this new kid came here.
There are many clubs and activities offer here. The students really enjoy participating and seem to be very dedicated to the clubs they choose. Some of the most popular clubs and activities are Chorus, Band, Play, SADD, and TAT. The clubs are very well run by faculty in the school and help from the parents. Also students are even allowed to input their own clubs by the approval of the principal and a few other stipulations.
Some classes offered in this school are wonderful for students looking to go into higher education after high school. There are some classes that seem to be just fun instead of actually being productive, but there are a good mix. Overall the classes offered are from a wide variety, and are not hard to get into as long as you meet the prerequisites, which your guidance counselor will help you with that.