Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Ashland, PA. It has 939 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B72 Students
- A+53 Students
- B47 Students
- B-36 Students
- A-30 Students
- B22 Students
- A22 Students
- B21 Students
- B19 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School
- CMinersville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Minersville Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
- C+Shamokin Area High School
- Shamokin Area School District, PA
- 109 reviews
- B-Mount Carmel Area High School
- Mount Carmel Area School District, PA
- 54 reviews
- C+Pine Grove Area High School
- Pine Grove Area School District, PA
- 93 reviews
North Schuylkill Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My experience at North Schuylkill Junior/ Senior High School has overall been nothing less than memorable, and very helpful in preparing me for the future. I can confidently say that I feel ready to take the next step in applying for colleges, and finding a stable job with the help of the great teachers and administrators that are always there to help whenever needed, and answer questions. During my years at North Schuylkill, not only have I learned so much, I’ve also had many amazing opportunities such as joining great clubs and sports, but also making some of the best friends I could ask for. In conclusion, I am very grateful for everything I have learned from attending North Schuylkill and I know it will benefit me in the future.
The education offered at North Schuylkill is one which prepares you very well for college. After completing my first year of college, looking back it is obvious that I was very well prepared, and even much more prepared than many other students, for success in my classes.
I like my friends, I love my drawing/sculpture teacher Mrs. Herring. I wish I could change the way people treat each other there.