Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
North Rose-Wolcott High School is a public school located in Wolcott, NY. It has 348 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
North Rose-Wolcott High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-24 Students
- B19 Students
- B+16 Students
- A13 Students
- B-12 Students
- C11 Students
- A+11 Students
- C10 Students
- C10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Pep rallies33%
- Spirit Week33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review North Rose-Wolcott High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like North Rose-Wolcott High School
- B-Weedsport Junior/Senior High School
- Weedsport Central School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- BRed Creek High School
- Red Creek Central School District, NY
- 50 reviews
- BCato-Meridian Senior High School
- Cato-Meridian Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- B-Clyde-Savannah High School
- Clyde-Savannah Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
North Rose-Wolcott High School Reviews
The staff and students here have a lot of school spirit, and have many school-wide and community events to join the area together. There are always renovations to better the school, most notably the locker rooms which look amazing! The school has many opportunities for its students, and tries its best to make all students feel included. They also have an over-summer program for students, where the staff are able to take their interests and make a class to include the students in if the students are interested as well. Overall, the staff are personable and have a sense of community about them, and this attitude shows through in the students.
This used to be a really fantastic school district but with an unfortunate turn of events, it is now being run by administration that does not have students best interest in mind. The teachers are treated poorly and underpaid and overworked. But some still do their best to give their students the best opportunities possible. I hope adding community involvement will help this school improve!
When I attended North Rose-Wolcott High School, there were many problems that needed to be addressed. The technology was outdated and so was the learning styles. This school did not prepare me for college at all and left going in blind. Some of the faculty staff should not have been teaching classes. Though the academics were poor, the sports couches and teams were amazing. Those teams gave great relief for many troubled students and they worked with everyone equally. Overall, I would not send my child to this school.