North Rockland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Thiells, NY. It has 2,519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
North Rockland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C276 Students
- A-227 Students
- A+216 Students
- A-205 Students
- B+151 Students
- B144 Students
- A138 Students
- A-137 Students
- A+136 Students
- A-116 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like North Rockland High School
- AMonroe-Woodbury High School
- Monroe-Woodbury Central School District, NY
- 389 reviews
- B-Chester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 63 reviews
- BWoodlands Senior High School
- Greenburgh Central School District, NY
- 105 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 440 reviews
North Rockland High School Reviews
The environment at North Rockland is very welcoming! The teacher are very well prepared with assignments and rigorous coursework that prepares the students for college. Also, with the wide range in courses offered there’s definitely something for everyone and every learning ability.
My experience at NRHS so far has been filled with a wide range of emotions. The school is very diverse containing many personalities and cultures. NR is filled with many caring and skilled teachers that makes you forget about the few bad apples. Like any school, NR does have it's cons from the cliques, overcrowding, the not so good teachers, and especially the school's strong focus on the rankings. Many administrators at the school only care about students taking the most rigorous courses, and not the emotional and physical toll that can have on a student. Let alone the judgement from classmates if not taking AP or Honors classes.
I like the fact that this school is the most diverse in the county and we have a lot of opportunities to actually achieve something at a young age. There are so many activities, clubs and sports to do to help out your transcript for college. But everything in this school is all about money and the school does not care that if some people don’t have money, they can’t do these activities that are offered. The school should use the funds they receive from the bake sales and empanada sales to actually provide free trips for the students.