North Rockland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Thiells, NY. It has 2,525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
North Rockland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+215 Students
- A178 Students
- A+163 Students
- A-152 Students
- B+124 Students
- B108 Students
- A-96 Students
- A+92 Students
- B+89 Students
- A87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Schools like North Rockland High School
- AMonroe-Woodbury High School
- Monroe-Woodbury Central School District, NY
- 356 reviews
- BChester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 56 reviews
- B+Woodlands Senior High School
- Greenburgh Central School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 413 reviews
North Rockland High School Reviews
I went to North Rockland High School and I wish I could relive those 4 years over and over again. The amount of support the North Rockland community has for one another is incomparable. There are so many different ethnicities and cultures, but it's as if we are all a family. We fundraise for families/people in need like it's a second nature and our after school activities are endless. There is something for everyone!
I am an incoming senior at North Rockland High School. The years I have spent so far in the High School I realized the friendly community of students and teachers. NR works hard to fundraise for different clubs or to benefit the community. Teachers work hard to help the students succeed. We are NR! Only thing we need is new bathrooms because ours get clogged regularly.
I enjoyed North Rockland High School because the staff is remarkable. From the principal to the cafeteria workers, everyone is a unit and works as one to see that your day is better. I created wonderful relationships with my teachers who showed plenty of concern in my grades and work ethic. After school curriculum is a plus. Many students meet their friends that way. The sports division is phenomenal. I have personally seen many of my peers earn full college rides because of the support coaches give and opportunities given to them.