North Rockland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Thiells, NY. It has 2,602 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
North Rockland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+206 Students
- A-160 Students
- A+145 Students
- A-137 Students
- B+115 Students
- B96 Students
- B85 Students
- A-84 Students
- A-83 Students
- A-82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like North Rockland High School
- A-Monroe-Woodbury High School
- Monroe-Woodbury Central School District, NY
- 340 reviews
- BChester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- A-Woodlands Senior High School
- Greenburgh Central School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 404 reviews
North Rockland High School Reviews
I went to North Rockland High School and I wish I could relive those 4 years over and over again. The amount of support the North Rockland community has for one another is incomparable. There are so many different ethnicities and cultures, but it's as if we are all a family. We fundraise for families/people in need like it's a second nature and our after school activities are endless. There is something for everyone!
I've only spent my senior year in North Rockland, but I'll be the first to tell you that it's a magnificent school. Not only known for its phenomenal sports teams, North Rockland provides all of its students with a rigorous education and embodies the principles of showing Red Raider pride. It is a very diverse school with many kids. At first the experience is overwhelming due to the massive size, but it doesn't take long to grow accustomed to it. North Rockland High School also consists of numerous after-school activities, keeping all of their students engaged in the community. One of the most defining aspects about the school is how well they prepare their students for college. From their enormous population to their academic courses and clubs, the school nearly embodies what life in college is all about: education, commitment, friendship, and success. The only thing North Rockland should approve upon is their sanitation. Many of the bathrooms and lunch rooms aren't too clean.
North Rockland High School is a very open community that helps students grow into educated citizens in the future. The school has plenty of clubs and sport; ranging from Student Government to an Anime Club. Also, North Rockland offers plenty of advanced placement classes and college credit courses. There are plenty of events that take place at the school which brings the community closer to have fun. Plus, the high school is super diverse with different people from different backgrounds. However, the staff aren't the kindest people and tend to let their personal emotions affect how they do their job, either in the classroom or hallways. It makes it harder for students to connect on a closer level with their educator because of their teacher's judgement and their implicit bias to other children. To improve for other students entering the school, the staff should be more open to their students and help them grow, not judge their intelligence based on either their race or gender.