North Rockland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Thiells, NY. It has 2,525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
North Rockland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+234 Students
- A202 Students
- A+182 Students
- A-171 Students
- B+138 Students
- B118 Students
- A-113 Students
- A105 Students
- A+104 Students
- A100 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Schools like North Rockland High School
- AMonroe-Woodbury High School
- Monroe-Woodbury Central School District, NY
- 364 reviews
- BChester Academy - Middle/High School
- Chester Union Free School District, NY
- 58 reviews
- B+Woodlands Senior High School
- Greenburgh Central School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- A-Washingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- 418 reviews
North Rockland High School Reviews
What I liked about North Rockland High School are some of the friendly teachers and staff that have been kind to me throughout my high school years. On the other hand, there have been teachers that I really dislike and almost borderline hate due to them calling people out and making rude comments about the students, including me. This is a so-so school in terms of teacher quality as it varies greatly from one end of the spectrum to the other. Also, the food there is quite terrible. Nothing more to say about that. This is also a very sports-centered school which I personally don't like. I also don't like the fact that some students here have impudent behavior in general as well as creating a stigma to those who like anime or KPOP for example which is terrible and unfair to anime and KPOP lovers. The education they provide here is pretty average to say the least. Overall, not the best school but not the worst school either and I'd say average at best.
I went to North Rockland High School and I wish I could relive those 4 years over and over again. The amount of support the North Rockland community has for one another is incomparable. There are so many different ethnicities and cultures, but it's as if we are all a family. We fundraise for families/people in need like it's a second nature and our after school activities are endless. There is something for everyone!
I am an incoming senior at North Rockland High School. The years I have spent so far in the High School I realized the friendly community of students and teachers. NR works hard to fundraise for different clubs or to benefit the community. Teachers work hard to help the students succeed. We are NR! Only thing we need is new bathrooms because ours get clogged regularly.