Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
North Ridgeville High School is a public school located in North Ridgeville, OH. It has 1,209 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+160 Students
- B153 Students
- B-152 Students
- B136 Students
- A-128 Students
- C125 Students
- B-76 Students
- A-64 Students
- B59 Students
- B+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like North Ridgeville High School
- B-Midview High School
- Midview Local School District, OH
- 171 reviews
- B-Columbia High School
- Columbia Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
- BNormandy High School
- Parma City School District, OH
- 224 reviews
- B-Buckeye High School
- Buckeye Local School District (Medina), OH
- 137 reviews
North Ridgeville High School Reviews
North Ridgeville High School has provided me with multiple challenges, both positive and negative. There are a variety of Honors and AP classes to choose from. Their boys soccer program has developed into being one of best athletic programs in the school, and it has provided me with a great deal of physical, emotional and mental stress. But this stress is able to be transformed into positive development and growth, in large part due to the culture and bond built between the players and coaches. The staff has been very supportive of me, especially when I needed intervention. They have also greatly improved their lunches over the past few years. On the other hand, the school has had problems properly controlling and punishing students for drug use, bullying and racism. There are problems with overcrowding and the bathrooms and lunchroom are outdated.
North Ridgeville city schools are currently implementing new state of the art facilities for each of the city’s schools because of the growing number of families within the community. With new hard working people who have been hired into the administration, the people living within north Ridgeville can expect changes to the city’s schools very soon. This involves a new academic center, new learning resources, new technology, new sports equipment, and hopefully soon a new high school building.
My experience at this High School was pretty good. I like that they have teachers that know how to teach their subjects well, and in an effective manner. With these teachers my education has grown tremendously. The teachers are also very easy to make relationships with and are very inclusive. Things that can be changed are prices for lunched because some cannot now afford them. The prices for the lunches have raised a lot since I started high school as a freshman, and are now too expensive. I think the school can be cleaned a little more as well, which is also something I know that administration is working on. But for example, there has been a stink bug in one of the girls bathrooms that is stuck to the ceiling since my freshman year.