North Reading High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Reading, MA. It has 801 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
North Reading High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A99 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+58 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-50 Students
- A+42 Students
- A35 Students
- A+35 Students
- B27 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like North Reading High School
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 47 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 128 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 235 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 130 reviews
North Reading High School Reviews
Some of the teachers at this school really seem to care about each individual student, to the point where I'd go to some of them with any issue I have, and I really confide in them. Others, however, seem to not care a lot about the students. They barely ever actually teach, and just pile you with worksheets while they sit at their desks doing who-knows-what on their phones/laptops. The main reason I gave this school a 4 star rating is because of the clubs and activities. We have amazing sports teams at this school that win states every year (soccer, cheer, football, hockey, track, girl's tennis, girls basketball, softball). Not only that, but some of the clubs there are absolutely amazing. I am especially fond of the amazing theatre program. The people in this club truly feel like my family, and I feel so supported by not only my peers, but also all of the teachers involved in the club. On top of that, the club puts on award-winning shows every year.
North Reading HS is a suburban public high school that offers a general education. It has a very strong fine arts and performing arts program because of the dedicated staff. They offer a range of other programs. Science and math clubs are weak. STEM especially AP prep for chemistry and physics is the lowest performing program of all advanced placement classes at the school. Many kids get into their first choice colleges but not the top US schools, no MIT, HARVARD, STANFORD...
I really enjoyed my time at North Reading High School! I felt very prepared upon entering college. The faculty do everything they can to help the students reach their greatest potential.