North Reading High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Reading, MA. It has 808 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
North Reading High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A121 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+61 Students
- A-61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+39 Students
- A38 Students
- A35 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like North Reading High School
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 49 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 139 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 240 reviews
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 133 reviews
North Reading High School Reviews
North Reading High School is an exceptional and positive learning environment. This school takes use of modern technology to create a 21st century learning environment. The resources provided by the school are superb and are always available to students at any time throughout the school day. The faculty and staff, working in the school, establish a welcoming ambience that students, families, parents, and the community can feel included and involved in. One aspect within the school that I would like to see changed is the amount of college readiness courses and programs offered. If the school were to offer more college readiness courses and programs, students will be more apt in a college learning environment. This is based off how the school currently offers zero college readiness courses. Overall, North Reading High School is a great school and an above average learning institution.
The teachers and class offerings are pretty varied and good. Lot's of test prep for MCAS etc. The new facility features shared core services, new high school and new middle school. The performing arts center ROCKS!
The teachers are pretty nice here at North Reading High. The school is new and clean, and well maintained. They focus on appearance, and everything in the school does indeed seem well. The food is edible, the curriculum is challenging but understandable, guidance and the teachers are always willing to help, and all the staff members are easygoing. There are no big problems, except accessibility issues for disabled individuals.