North Quincy High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A96 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+79 Students
- B55 Students
- A+42 Students
- B34 Students
- B+31 Students
- A29 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
North Quincy High School Reviews
Review North Quincy High School
North Quincy High School is populated with Asians, blacks, and whites. There is a predominant program called the Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps which lures in all the students who would like to open up and make friends. The program has allowed me to grow as a person and learn leadership and managerial skills throughout my four years of high school. Overall, the school is very split because of the differences in the mindsets of the students. Those who do not like school are located in the Standard classes and those who are pursuing a college degree are all in the Advance classes which are predominantly Asian.
This is a school for people whose parents don't want them participating in any activities outside of school. The sad reality is that this is a school dominated by an Asian majority. Almost every stereotype about Asians is wrong, but the one sad accuracy is that many parents demand the highest of their children, and while this may be acceptable in other cultures, many friends of mine suffered punishment that qualified as abuse for 'poor' grades that were below A's. The school in turn caters to demanding parents who want their children to mainly study math or science, and in fact offers so many ways for parents to watch their children's performance in school that while maybe well intentioned, the school serves to increase the abuse of students. The school invests more into their mathematics and science departments than any others, although weirdly, most of the best teachers at the school are in the history department. Also this is a school that buys into every new government program - so thanks to Michele Obama's programs, the food is awful
Its a hit or miss. There are some absolutely outstanding teachers. There are also some useless lazy horrible teachers who shouldnt be allowed to step inside a school. The history department is generally considered to have overall very good teachers, while the math department is generally considered to have the worst teachers. The english teachers are generally considered easy A's, while the science teachers are thought to enjoy failing students