North Pontotoc High School is a public school located in Ecru, MS. It has 811 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
North Pontotoc High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-63 Students
- A-56 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-23 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-14 Students
- A14 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review North Pontotoc High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like North Pontotoc High School
- BSouth Pontotoc High School
- Pontotoc County School District, MS
- 26 reviews
- A-New Albany High School
- New Albany Public Schools, MS
- 55 reviews
- BPontotoc High School
- Pontotoc City Schools, MS
- 95 reviews
- BMyrtle Attendance Center
- Union County School District, MS
- 18 reviews
North Pontotoc High School Reviews
North Pontotoc High School has pros and cons, but overall I believe it is a good school. Several of the teachers care about the students' education, although some of them are only there for a paycheck. My biggest complaint is that several teachers are actually sports coaches who have been forced to teach due to lack of funding. These coaches care nothing for the subjects they teach and put forth no effort to make class engaging or memorable. However, again, there are several teachers that balance this out by putting effort into their classes. There are a myriad of extracurricular activities and events to participate in. The students have a functioning government. The facilities can be a bit lacking due to lack of funding, but are overall acceptable. An officer is present at all times to ensure safety. The food served is basic school cafeteria fare. The school does take its sports seriously, but tends to neglect its other programs in favor of football.
North Pontotoc is a great school, the teachers, the students, and the curriculum. I’m still a student and I believe North Pontotoc is very helpful in your learning and your transition from high school to college. They help you as much as you need as long as they know you need help. They bring in a lot of people to talk about college and what we can expect from college. North is a great school.
When I first came to North Pontotoc high school I was so excited to have a new start. But when I got in there I was so surprised of the fact the I’m the only Muslim(Arabic) girl in there , everyone would look at me as I’m a new creature that came from no where. I was shocked of the fact that this school have no idea of different cultures and more shocked of the horrible way they pictured MY culture. It was a surprise for me to see how they don’t look out of the frame they’re inside. Though I had all these things around me but the Staff and Students were nice.