Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
North Pontotoc High School is an above average, public school located in Ecru, MS. It has 566 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
North Pontotoc High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus74 Students
- grade A minus70 Students
- grade A minus66 Students
- grade B minus24 Students
- grade C+24 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B+21 Students
- grade A18 Students
- grade B+17 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Band banquet19%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,153 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like North Pontotoc High School
- grade B minusSouth Pontotoc High School
- Pontotoc County School District, MS
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade A minusNew Albany High School
- New Albany Public Schools, MS
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 58 reviews
- grade B+Pontotoc High School
- Pontotoc City Schools, MS
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 100 reviews
- grade BMyrtle Attendance Center
- Union County School District, MS
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 20 reviews
North Pontotoc High School Reviews
Rating 3.9 out of 5 48 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
During my time at North Pontotoc High School, I learned what it truly means to be a part of a close-knit group of individuals who strive for the same goal. Students are welcoming and willing to offer a guiding hand to their fellow classmates; teachers and staff are supportive and go out of their way to help students in any way possible; the environment is engaging and fun. Waking up every morning doesn't feel like such a chore once you arrive on campus and feel the accepting aura of the school and what it represents. North Pontotoc has pushed me to be the best I can be, and to help those that are struggling to rise to the challenge and break boundaries. At this high school, nothing is impossible.
North pontotoc is the best school I’ve ver attended, I changed to a different school for a few years but HAD to come back Because the atmosphere is so much more comfortable. All the students are excepting to each other, I’ve always seen students interacting with each other no matter who their “cliques” are. The teachers are interactive and care so much about preparedness and readiness and focus on each student, they take time to help no matter what’s going on. Everyone feels like family to each other here , and there are multiple opportunities including clubs , volunteer, jobs , sports and more.
The staff and administration is very friendly while also maintain discipline in the classroom and out of the classroom. From my experience, there was no bullying among students. Everyone was really friendly to one another despite their own little teenager conflicts. However, I do not feel like this school prepared me for college. The only real reason I am prepared is because of my parents.