North Polk High School is an above average, public school located in Alleman, IA. It has 412 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A63 Students
- A36 Students
- B+36 Students
- B-25 Students
- C+15 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like North Polk High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 81 reviews
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 246 reviews
- BSoutheast Polk High School
- Southeast Polk Community School District, IA
- 230 reviews
- B+Bondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- 130 reviews
North Polk High School Reviews
North Polk has incredibly devoted and caring teachers as well as a curriculum that allows academically focused students to flourish and exceed what other school would allow. Having reliable access to advanced courses when I wanted them, especially college courses through my local community college, made advancing my studies while maintaining my high school studies and activities very easy. Despite this, some parts of administration are lacking when it comes to enforcing some school policies. A better focus on addressing student's non-academic problems would be a good change to the current system.
I loved the school honestly. I'll admit it has some problems, but it was still a great place! The teachers were mostly awesome, and the school is really good at accommodating students suffering from chronic illnesses. I missed nearly half of the days of my 10th, 11th, and 12th grade school years due to chronic illness, but I still graduated on time with good grades. As long as you make your problems known and communicate with the staff, graduating from this school is totally doable in this kind of situation. There's some bad teachers, but a good majority of the teachers are good and want to help you succeed.
The teachers at this school are able to provide a warm, welcoming environment for the student body. Additionally, they are open to closer conversations and one-on-one assistance, whether the student approaches them or they seek out the student. Teachers can provide a strong framework of adulthood, in both the content they teach and with the strength of their character.