Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
North Polk High School is an above average, public school located in Alleman, IA. It has 474 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
North Polk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A98 Students
- A72 Students
- B+52 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-23 Students
- A22 Students
- B-20 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like North Polk High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 99 reviews
- A-Ankeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 279 reviews
- BSoutheast Polk High School
- Southeast Polk Community School District, IA
- 259 reviews
- B-Bondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- 139 reviews
North Polk High School Reviews
My experience at North Polk High School has been very fulfilling and enhancing to my life. Eve since i moved to the district, I felt right at home! The smaller, rural structure of the school makes school life less chaotic and more personal. The teachers are very motivated in their work, and coming from a student's point of view, they are continually striving to make connections with their students and build relationships that will last throughout students' entire high school career. The classrooms incite a much needed environment full of laughter and excitement which really helps students like me when it comes to over-stressing and worrying about school. North Polk has been an amazing place for me to continue my preliminary education, and has helped me as I have began to transition into my last year of high school, guiding me towards what steps I need to take and what path is the best for me!
Small town school but still has a good variety of classes! Really good at working with students with disabilities; I dealt with multiple chronic illnesses and they were amazing at working with me so I could graduate on time. They even provided me with a laptop to use for note taking and assignments since I had issues with my hand joints. Most teachers were really great and willing to help you out. A fair amount of sports programs, but clubs are really lacking.
The main goal at North Polk High School is excellence. Excellence not only in academics, but also in respect, attitude, responsibility, and leadership. This is shown by the teachers, counselors, students, and all other roles in this school. Through this pandemic, not only the staff, but also the janitors have been extremely flexible with each and every job that needs to be completed.