North Pocono High School is a highly rated, public school located in Covington Twp, PA. It has 916 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
North Pocono High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+150 Students
- A-104 Students
- A-100 Students
- A82 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-72 Students
- B60 Students
- B56 Students
- B46 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like North Pocono High School
- AAbington Heights High School
- Abington Heights School District, PA
- 249 reviews
- B-Western Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- 147 reviews
- C+Valley View High School
- Valley View School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- C+Pittston Area Senior High School
- Pittston Area School District, PA
- 146 reviews
North Pocono High School Reviews
North Pocono is a great high school. The school is relatively new and in excellent shape. The teachers are all friendly and most have a good idea in the subject they are teaching in. North Pocono students and faculty are greatly involved in the community, and in return the community does a lot to help out the school. There is always an officer in the school and sometimes more. Students always feel safe when they are at school. North Pocono offers a wide array of AP courses and dual enrollment courses with Lackawanna College .
North Pocono High School is an amazing place to grow. I loved the welcoming, nurturing, and enthusiastic teachers, staff, and coaches at the school. NP is a great community with a lot of pride. In times of tragedy or celebration, the North Pocono district comes together. I learned so much at the school and am forever grateful to the dedicated teachers who guided me! Its AP program has bolstered over the years, and its new building is beautiful! Though the community is not as racially diverse, I don't think it should limit NP from being deemed an excellent place of learning.
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to go to North Pocono High School. The faculty provides a variety of opportunities, clubs, sports, and academics to the students to help them have what they need to enjoy school. Also, North Pocono has a dedicated community who gives their time and energy to fundraisers and other events that take place. Not only the parents get involved but the students do as well, and it's great to see the community come together.