Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
North Pocono High School is an above average, public school located in Covington Twp, PA. It has 968 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
North Pocono High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+167 Students
- A-118 Students
- A-109 Students
- A95 Students
- A-81 Students
- B-79 Students
- B66 Students
- B65 Students
- B49 Students
- B47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like North Pocono High School
- AAbington Heights High School
- Abington Heights School District, PA
- 256 reviews
- BWestern Wayne High School
- Western Wayne School District, PA
- 152 reviews
- B-Valley View High School
- Valley View School District, PA
- 102 reviews
- B-Pittston Area Senior High School
- Pittston Area School District, PA
- 159 reviews
North Pocono High School Reviews
The school is great! There is something for every student. There are a wide variety of clubs, including Mini-Thon, Mathletes, a theater club, and Science Olympiad, to name a few. There are also plenty of sports teams, including rifle and lacrosse. In a normal year, there are plenty of student council-sponsored activities to enjoy and fun themed days to help students relax. The curriculum is great, offering 4 tracks of study (general, academic, accelerated, and AP). Students can easily mix and match levels, so if you're not the best at math, you can take an academic course, but also stay in a more advanced history class. The teachers are wonderful and put a lot of time and effort into their lesson plans. The diversity and food are not great, but we're a rural PA school. What can you expect? Overall, NP is a great school and I definitely feel prepared for the world ahead of me.
North Pocono offers a multitude of extra curricular activities along with sports that every coach does a great job coaching and raising young adults. There are over 20 AP classes that all have great teachers. For me personally, they have helped me pass every AP exam I’ve taken and pass each class with flying colors. The community is so supportive from the students to everyone in town. It is such a great area and I am happy to say I am North Pocono proud!
North Pocono is not the best school in the world, but I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. My music teachers are some of the most helpful and kind teachers I've ever had and I value every class and lesson I have with them. The school offers multiple AP classes and also sports, clubs, and art programs. I believe that I have received a very good education here. However, some things that I have a problem with is the way administration deals with certain situations. There have been multiple situations in which my friends have been treated unfairly or in which administration has not taken enough action in situations that have affected me or my friends. Overall, nice school, mediocre administration.