North Platte High School is an above average, public school located in Dearborn, MO. It has 155 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
North Platte High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B55 Students
- C46 Students
- B37 Students
- A-36 Students
- A-20 Students
- B18 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like North Platte High School
- B+West Platte High School
- West Platte County R-II School District, MO
- 79 reviews
- B-Mid-Buchanan Senior High School
- Mid-Buchanan County R-V School District, MO
- 121 reviews
- A-Platte County High School
- Platte County R-III School District, MO
- 185 reviews
- B-East Buchanan High School
- East Buchanan County C-I School District, MO
- 21 reviews
North Platte High School Reviews
While enrolled there, I saw quite a few faces of public education in our rural setting. At first, you obviously want to believe that you school doesn't have problems. Well, throughout my years I found out that that wasn't the truth about North Platte. It was typical to see things like blatant favoritism, targeting of lower students, and not being a secure network for teenagers. Quite frankly, it always seemed like whenever something "inconvenient" happened to the school, it always seemed to get swept under the rug, and that was that. The saddest part was probably the fact that whenever a student would reach out for help, whether it was a personal problem or something on campus, the school typical had a generic answer and then turned a cheek. Overall, sure, they made good pushed in the classroom, but besides academics, North Platte High School takes the disappointment cake. Test scores are high, but don't let them fool you.
North Platte is a great school that takes the time to make sure students have all the opportunities to help them find out what they are passionate about. College credits, Tech school, sports, debate club, after school musical. The staff are great with everyone and listen when a students comes to their aid.
My overall experience has been great! Sure there have been times where I would disagree, but I now look back on them and see that without those times I wouldn't be the person I am today. This school is unique in many ways. Like every school, we have our cliques. Although here at North Platte, our cliques overlap each other. Here you'll find that the band kids are popular, and that some of the varsity athlete's have a 4.0 GPA. You'll find that a majority of the student body works to uplift those in the community, whether it be fellow students, faculty members, or people who live in the surrounding towns. If I had to go back to school starting in kindergarten and ending with graduation, I would definitely pick North Platte. That isn't just because I'm the fourth generation to graduate from North Platte.