North Oconee High School is a top rated, public school located in Bogart, GA. It has 1,268 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
North Oconee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+261 Students
- B97 Students
- B69 Students
- B+66 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+52 Students
- B42 Students
- A39 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like North Oconee High School
- AOconee County High School
- Oconee County Schools, GA
- 212 reviews
- A-Jefferson High School
- Jefferson City Schools, GA
- 146 reviews
- B+Clarke Central High School
- Clarke County Schools, GA
- 180 reviews
- BJackson County High School
- Jackson County Schools, GA
- 130 reviews
North Oconee High School Reviews
North Oconee High School is a school that prides itself on its image. That being said, the schools image is the top priority of the Administration. If you're a student that contributes positively to the reputation of the school, then the administration will be more lenient. If you do not contribute positively, or even at all, then the administration will not care about you. If you struggle academically, you don't have to worry about receiving help with the test because there are "teachers" to hold your hand throughout the entire test. The subject of the test does not matter, if you struggle in class you don't need to worry because North Oconee will still make sure you contribute positively towards to school wide GPA . I do not hate my almamater, but I do hate the corruption behind the scenes.
I absolutely love North Oconee. I have been attending since I was a freshman and am honestly sad to leave after this year. I do feel completely ready for college but it will be sad to leave this awesome school. In my three years (so far) I have had no complaints. The teachers are great and care about the students success, students are awesome, clubs and oppurtuinities are endless, and athletics are great too. I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone!
I'm a Junior at North Oconee. My school is really great because the excellent teachers. Most of the teachers I have had try to reach out to the students. Not only do they teach, but also care about our learning. Teachers are willing to help us in anyway they can. Teachers are happy to stay after school or help me out before school in anyway I need. I feel like the teachers are outstanding because of their efforts to make connections with the students and get to know the students. There are opportunities to get involved in. All the clubs are very open and accepting to all people. I especially love that there is a club for just about everything!