Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
North Myrtle Beach High School is an above average, public school located in Little River, SC. It has 1,490 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
North Myrtle Beach High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B368 Students
- A349 Students
- B+291 Students
- A237 Students
- C+190 Students
- B155 Students
- B-127 Students
- B-115 Students
- A+98 Students
- A78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
North Myrtle Beach High School Reviews
I totally love it here. the people are just thriving with electricity. everyone is "all over the place"! In a good way though. North Myrtle Beach High aslo has some of the best teachers you can have. for example my U.S. History teacher not only knows history, but he can also tell a story about 10 topics in one! I know right! One more thing about North Myrtle Beach, is the student spirit for our sports teams. Just last week, our volleyball team won their game against a school outside our district, not to brag, but i think it was our school spirit that won us the game. Finally our administration, our new principal this year (she was an assistant principal) is making a great senior year for me. her assistant principals are great as well. they're not only good at what they do in school, but they're great people in general. Everyday you see a smile on their faces. How wonderful!there's Nothing more you need than respect for one another. Now that's the key to success!
There is a variety of classes to choose from, and you can start AP classes as early as freshman year! There are also a multitude of clubs; I am involved in student council, drama club, DECA, and Beta Club, and I have a leadership position of an ambassador for the Chick-fil-A Leader Academy. Everyone has school spirit, as well, and the students are very diverse. Additionally, our football team is outstanding.
North Myrtle Beach is such a welcoming and including school. Everyone looks out for each other and takes care of one another. Teachers and admin really try to push they're students to their full potential. Sports are amazing! Whether or not you're on the team or in the stands, you are apart of the Chief family.