North Muskegon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 316 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
North Muskegon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- B+55 Students
- A+48 Students
- B+45 Students
- C27 Students
- A24 Students
- B22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-20 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like North Muskegon High School
- A-Mona Shores High School
- Mona Shores Public School District, MI
- 262 reviews
- A-Spring Lake High School
- Spring Lake Public Schools, MI
- 98 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 306 reviews
- B-Montague High School
- Montague Area Public Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
North Muskegon High School Reviews
My experience with North Muskegon High School, was great! I have been going to the school since I was a child and the bonds I have created with it being a K-12 school is amazing. I love how small and close everyone is, making it easier for kids to make friends and come out of their box . Becoming apart of the school itself made me a better person. The teachers are really good about getting to know their students, making a connection with them one on one and creating a relationship with them.
North Muskegon High school is a very small school, but it holds so much educational value in its halls and classrooms. We may be small, but there is so much stuff going on here. The teachers are great and help you learn at the best of your ability and are always there when you need help. The students and sportsmanship are really big here, as we all encourage each other and push abilities to the limits and have fun doing so. I rate my school a four star because North Muskegon holds a ton of value, knowledge, and a good sense and plan of education throughout the building.
North Muskegon is serene place between two lakes. It has been a beautiful place to grow up at. However, one downfall that I have experienced at this school is that everyone knows everything about each other. Parents will talk badly about other children if something is heard among the talking of other parents. There are also advantages to having a small school though because it allows for more attention for those in need of it. Our staff does an amazing job of focusing on the individual needs of kids instead of a group as a whole. I have always received great support from the staff.