Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
North Muskegon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Muskegon, MI. It has 335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
North Muskegon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A85 Students
- B+67 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+56 Students
- C40 Students
- A29 Students
- B27 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like North Muskegon High School
- A-Mona Shores High School
- Mona Shores Public School District, MI
- 279 reviews
- A-Spring Lake High School
- Spring Lake Public Schools, MI
- 107 reviews
- A-Grand Haven High School
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- 325 reviews
- B-Montague High School
- Montague Area Public Schools, MI
- 58 reviews
North Muskegon High School Reviews
North Muskegon High School is a small school with its Middle and High School in the same building. This allows for small class sizes where the teachers are able to create strong connections with each student because they know their background, as well as their strengths and weaknesses. While many of the books are becoming outdated, Chromebooks are available for every student and are a very valuable, well-utilized tool. With an excellent faculty and rigorous course load for those who search it out, North Muskegon can be a top-level educational institute. However, this does not mean it is devoid of flaws. Due to its small size, there are no Honors classes and the AP selection is limited. This can disadvantage students applying to top colleges. The only languages available are Spanish and French, otherwise, you must take them online. Grammar is also largely skimmed over and seems to be an afterthought. Overall a school significantly above average for the area in terms of education.
My experience with North Muskegon High School, was great! I have been going to the school since I was a child and the bonds I have created with it being a K-12 school is amazing. I love how small and close everyone is, making it easier for kids to make friends and come out of their box . Becoming apart of the school itself made me a better person. The teachers are really good about getting to know their students, making a connection with them one on one and creating a relationship with them.
Excellent attention to each student. Compassionate and caring teachers. High level of expectations of the students from the teachers/staff. Track record of quality education in a small school setting.