Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
North Middlesex Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Townsend, MA. It has 830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
North Middlesex Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A139 Students
- B+106 Students
- A+77 Students
- C+77 Students
- A-65 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-49 Students
- B48 Students
- A+46 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like North Middlesex Regional High School
- A-Lunenburg High School
- Lunenburg Public Schools, MA
- 77 reviews
- BDracut Senior High School
- Dracut Public Schools, MA
- 124 reviews
- BMerrimack High School
- Merrimack School District, NH
- 247 reviews
- BTyngsborough High School
- Tyngsborough Public Schools, MA
- 80 reviews
North Middlesex Regional High School Reviews
I was the last freshman class in the old school, until our new high school was built for 2017. North Middlesex offers many different clubs and every student is either involved in band, sports, arts, or academic clubs. The facilities, including our brand new turf field are a great addition for our sports teams. As a senior soccer player, I am honored to be a part of the first class to use the field. In addition to clubs and sports, the food in outstanding! There are many different options including pizza, fries, nachos, burgers, and my personal favorite paninis. The school has changed a lot from the old school and this year school spirit has increased significantly. Students attend our home football games and occasionally soccer games. As for staff at North Middlesex, teachers have developed personal relationships with students and are always willing to help students. I am thankful to have been a part of such a wonderful school!
I love being at North Middlesex Regional High School! The staff are supportive of all of their students and want them to succeed. While the environment is nice, there could be improvement on school spirit.
One aspect of North Middlesex I liked was the variety of educational experiences offered to students. Most of the departments offer a large selection of core classes and electives to help the students deepen their education and better prepare for their future, as this variety allows students to specialize in subjects which relate to their fields of interest. On top of this, there are also various extracurricular opportunities offered to students which engage them in their communities to make a positive change. This is most visible in the various community service programs available to the student body. If there was one thing in need of improvement, it would be the school culture, as it tends to have a negative impact on the general high school experience. Overall, North Middlesex is an above average school which provides students with the opportunities to truly make an impact on the world.