North Marion High School is a public school located in Aurora, OR. It has 583 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
North Marion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-85 Students
- B73 Students
- A-72 Students
- B-61 Students
- C58 Students
- A40 Students
- B+37 Students
- C+22 Students
- B21 Students
- NG20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
North Marion High School Reviews
I love the community at North Marion. We grow up together, go to the same district since preschool, and all grow so close. The school may be old, but with the bond passed, we'll be getting it rebuilt very soon. The best part about North Marion is our music program. Despite not having a marching band, our bands and choirs are some of the best in the league. Our jazz band recently won state! I could never ask for a better director! Let's go Huskies!
The school doesn't have very much money. As a result, there's not a big variety or a large number of electives to choose from. Also, the facilities are not great, but the schools are scheduled to be remodeled soon. Teachers are a hit or miss. There are some that are amazing, while there are others where you're surprised they still have a job. Their college readiness is horrible. You have to learn and do nearly everything on your own.
I have been at North Marion since preschool and I have enjoyed my time. I like how small the school is but it's not too small. The teachers are very nice and are dedicated to helping you progress. The only thing I wish could change is that there would be more classes offered.