Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
North Mac High School is a public school located in Virden, IL. It has 402 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- B34 Students
- B33 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+25 Students
- B-21 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+18 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like North Mac High School
- B+New Berlin High School
- New Berlin Community Unit School District No. 16, IL
- 75 reviews
- B-Auburn High School
- Auburn Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 40 reviews
- B-Waverly Junior/Senior High School
- Waverly Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 13 reviews
- B-Franklin Junior/Senior High School
- Franklin Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 6 reviews
North Mac High School Reviews
Teachers are very kind and willing to work with you. If you have problems understanding the materials you can always go in for extra help. If you're being bullied there isn't much that the administration will do. I've gone to NMHS all four years of my high school career and it has has improved every year. The new building is exquisite, and the new media center and science and math hallway is a vast upgrade from the old facilities. The superintendent is wonderful and very involved with student life.
My high school experience is amazing because North Mac has many teachers that actually care about every single student in the school. I am a senior this year which I can say will be sad because I will have to leave this high school that I have made so many great memories in. Plus, my high school just got remodel and it looks amazing.
I come from a small high-poverty area in central Illinois. My school is not the best, but does provide the best care it can. Our buildings are unfortunately very old, and are prone to falling apart; three years ago one of our buildings had a Carbon Monoxide leak that sent several kids and teachers to the hospital, a air duct has fallen from the rafters during a volleyball practice, and the heat cuts out, but the people make the difference. the teachers are well-liked and are respected, often becoming a form of pseudo-parent to their students.