North-Linn Senior High School
- COGGON, IA
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
North-Linn Senior High School is a public school located in COGGON, IA. It has 206 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
North-Linn Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A37 Students
- grade B+30 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade A25 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade B8 Students
- grade B+8 Students
- grade B8 Students
- grade A6 Students
View Homes Near North-Linn Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Musicals and Variety Shows!17%
- Pep rallies17%
- Spirit Week17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,892 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like North-Linn Senior High School
- grade BAlburnett Junior/Senior High School
- Alburnett Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 46 reviews
- grade BEast Buchanan High School
- East Buchanan Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 35 reviews
- grade BWest Delaware High School
- West Delaware County Community School District, IA
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 74 reviews
- grade B minusCentral City High School
- Central City Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 29 reviews
North-Linn Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 27 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
North-Linn has been a blessing to me and my family, providing many opportunities for a great education, safe place for expression, growth as a student and leader. My education has been the main priority of teachers here at North-Linn, coaches, and organization advisors. The bold relationships formed over my high school career have showed me the true meaning of friendship. When you come to North-Linn you gain a community who supports one another, cares for those in need, and wants to see everyone succeed makes. If I were to change one thing about North-Linn, I would create more elementary agriculture education and volunteer opportunities. I feel these will benefit our youth to learn basic lesson in today's agriculture and have the opportunity to make an impact in people's lives early on in their own life. They get to experience the effect of their actions. I thank North-Linn for the life lessons and friends it has given me. I am forever grateful.
North Linn high school is an amazing school. The students that attend here are friendly and easy going. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure their students achieve the most success they can get. Extra curricular activities are also a huge success at North Linn. So many students are involved which makes it easy for all of the sports and clubs to have great success!
My experience here has been both good and bad. It has been a good experience because I have learned a lot, and I have gotten to take classes that will help me in the future. My experience has been bad because of some teachers. Some teachers like to grade you really hard if you're a student that they don't really care for. The name game is a big part of sports in this school. If you don't have a well-known last name, then chances are you're going to sit on the bench during games. It doesn't matter if you work as hard as your teammates, or if you're a good athlete, if you don't have a well-known last name then you won't play. It's really sad to watch this happen, but it's the way everything happens nowadays.