Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
North Lamar High School is a public school located in Paris, TX. It has 762 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
North Lamar High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+123 Students
- A+92 Students
- B79 Students
- A+79 Students
- B+72 Students
- B54 Students
- B+51 Students
- A-46 Students
- A45 Students
- A35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- The pep rallies and games with the band100%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like North Lamar High School
- BChisum High School
- Chisum Independent School District, TX
- 22 reviews
- BPrairiland High School
- Prairiland Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
- B+Paris High School
- Paris Independent School District, TX
- 103 reviews
- B-Detroit High School
- Detroit Independent School District, TX
- 5 reviews
North Lamar High School Reviews
There are two things I love about North Lamar. The first this is the band program. I’ve made so many life long friends being of band and it’s challenged me to try harder to earn things in life. The second thing is our principal, Clay Scarborough. He’s the best principal I’ve seen at North Lamar. He supports all sports and fine arts and comes to all games and competitions. He’s very understanding and open minded. He’s an all around great guy. However, everything else about North Lamar is absolutely TERRIBLE. We have teachers that quit in the middle of the semester. Students are packed in class rooms leaving teachers over loaded and not being able to make sure every understands the concepts they’re teaching. North Lamar seems to focus more on Ag classes and a football team that can’t ever win a game than it does on finding good teachers and an appropriate school schedule.
My favorite part about North Lamar Highschool is that this school is in a small town so everyone knows each other. However, there is still enough people for it be interesting. One thing I disliked about North Lamar is that there are not many teachers because our town is so small. There isn’t much variety to chose from at North Lamar because it is a small town.
North Lamar has recently been losing all of it's good teachers. Off of the top of my head, I can think of only two teachers there who have ever taught me anything. The school is essentially falling apart and doesn't have the best history when it comes to students behaving correctly, but North Lamar has given me life long friendships and some really great experiences.