Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
North Lakes Academy - Upper School is an above average, public, charter school located in Forest Lake, MN. It has 210 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
North Lakes Academy - Upper School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A30 Students
- B24 Students
- B+19 Students
- A17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-16 Students
- A15 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like North Lakes Academy - Upper School
- B-Academy for Sciences & Agriculture (AFSA) High School
- Academy for Sciences & Agriculture (AFSA) K-8, MN
- 19 reviews
- CNorthwest Passage High School
- Public School
- Coon Rapids, MN
- 5 reviews
- CTrio Wolf Creek Distance Learning Charter School
- Online School
- Chisago City, MN
- 8 reviews
- C+North Branch Senior High School
- North Branch Public Schools, MN
- 115 reviews
North Lakes Academy - Upper School Reviews
North lakes academy is a very welcoming environment. The students are great and the teachers are fun and friendly. They offer many opportunities through sports and academics. NLA does what they can for a charter school. They are excellent in preparing students for college. They greatly support AP and CIS courses, PSEO, and lending a hand in the community. NLA values people and their futures. NLA is a closely Knit community. We huskies consider each other family.
I've attended several schools throughout my academic career. This is the first school since elementary that I've stayed at for at least 2 consecutive years. It's a small school with great teachers and really prepares students for post-secondary education. The staff is very accommodating to my needs and they reach out to students. I do wish that the school had more money, as it can't even afford an actual kitchen. Thanks to North Lakes Academy, I will keep some fond memories of school beyond graduation.
I attended North Lakes since 5th grade, the earliest grade they had at the time. They have since expanded to house an elementary school along with their middle school. NLA is a good small school, that keeps classes close-knit and fun. Downsides are a supreme lack of funding that will never be fixed as they do not allow themselves to grow past 66 students per grade. Attend if you wish for strong connections with teachers and fellow students, and do not mind constantly fundraising for all activities.