North Kingstown Sr. High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Kingstown, RI. It has 1,360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
North Kingstown Sr. High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B347 Students
- B-95 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-76 Students
- A-74 Students
- A67 Students
- B+65 Students
- A-61 Students
- A+57 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like North Kingstown Sr. High School
- A-South Kingstown High School
- South Kingstown School District, RI
- 141 reviews
- ANarragansett High School
- Narragansett School System, RI
- 77 reviews
- B+Exeter-West Greenwich Regional
- Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District, RI
- 128 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 185 reviews
North Kingstown Sr. High School Reviews
NKHS is a good school. Slightly crowded and lacking diversity, but overall good. The teachers are friendly, helpful, and great guides. The guidance and administration are super helpful and welcoming. The bathrooms could use some renovation (missing mirrors, lacking paper towels, new faucets), but the classrooms and hallways are very nice. The Chromebooks are great. Lots of clubs and activities and great resources (ARC). School itself is very outgoing with giving students opportunities and keeping them up to date.
North Kingstown High School has rigorous classes and is a great community to grow and prosper as a person. I have learned so much about myself throughout my four years in this school. There are various types of after school activities, such as sports, clubs, and organizations that you can get involved in. Also, there are many different electives and classes to choose from. School spirit and going to football games on Friday nights are what I will always remember. Overall, my high school experience was something I will never forget.
I liked the schools physical features as well as the way teachers prepare us for college. In the future, I hope to see more classes relating to the real world to prepare it's students for that when the time comes. The school's sense of comraderie is very welcoming and great to see over the years. Every grade is friendly with each other and everyone gets along very well. The athletics are full of talent and are a good competition for others at the Division 1 level. The school overall has the feeling of being very safe and comfortable for those who are just starting out.