North Kingstown Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Kingstown, RI. It has 1,383 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
North Kingstown Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B394 Students
- B-103 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+98 Students
- A-91 Students
- A-82 Students
- B79 Students
- A76 Students
- A+71 Students
- A-69 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like North Kingstown Senior High School
- B+South Kingstown High School
- South Kingstown School District, RI
- 145 reviews
- ANarragansett High School
- Narragansett School System, RI
- 79 reviews
- A-Exeter-West Greenwich Regional
- Exeter-West Greenwich Regional School District, RI
- 130 reviews
- A-Portsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 198 reviews
North Kingstown Senior High School Reviews
North Kingstown High School is a great school! I am going into my senior year and have had an amazing experience. For the most part, the classes are challenging and there are a variety to choose from. In addition to typical math, science, english, and languages, there are business classes, engineering courses, music, arts, etc. There are also many opportunities to earn college credits through Rhode Island College which are transferable to other colleges nationwide. Most of the faculty is well trained in their teaching area and cater their lesson plans to fit their students, whether it is Success Academy, College Prep, Honors, or Advanced Placement level.
The school environment overall was friendly if you got involved in sports and other clubs and activities. It was cliquey, so it was important to be involved or have friends from classes, otherwise people weren't very friendly to outcasts. Academics were very high quality with a lot of AP classes offered. The foreign language program is great, offering many different languages. One huge downside was how strict the administration was on students. Doors were always locked for safety, but students were very rarely allowed outside during the school day, and never unattended except under special circumstances for photography. Students weren't even allowed to walk around the building freely during the day or even after school. It felt too strict, but it had quality academics and high performing sports teams.
North Kingstown High School is an amazing high school. For any white student. As a black student I stood out like a sore thumb among the many subtly racist wealthy whites. The teachers are amazing however, and I built many lasting relationships that I hope will continue in college. The administration leaves much to be desired. They are more concerned with procuring money in the form of funds from other school districts for taking their public school kids in as a part of our various CTE programs. Their obsession with CTE kids causes problems with population and class size. They have to give seniors the privilege of leaving school early or coming in late and called it "Offrole" because they don't have enough classes to fill all of their students. As a whole though, they are definitely an above average school. NKHS is definitely among the top 3 public schools in Rhode Island.